Chapter 25

Krist's POV
After the new CEO followed the chairman into his office, I slumped back into my chair. My hand was on my forehead as I tried to process everything that'd just happened in a span of 10 minutes.

Did my neighbour, P'Singto, just become my employer?

That explains why Khun John was dismissed because of violation of his etiquette as an employer.

"Kit, help me check my PPT for tomorrow's meeting, please. I need to go over some stuff with the new CEO." P'Jan tapped on my shoulder as she handed me a hard drive and I was startled out of my thoughts before hurriedly grabbing it, and that earned a worried glance from her.

"Are you okay, Kit? You looked really pale. Are you sick?" She questioned as I instantly shook my head.

"I'm fine, P'. I might have just eaten too much for breakfast." I chuckled at her but she was still staring at me with knitted brows.

"Tell me whatever that was troubling you over lunch, okay?" I meekly nodded at her and she left for the CEO's office. The door opened and I saw his figure on the office chair with a stern look. He seemed like he was discussing a matter with Khun Boonrod. I sighed heavily before turning my seat back to the screen and inserted the hard drive.

All of that would need to wait for later. Work comes first after all.
_______________________________________

3rd Person's POV
Stretching his limbs to release the kinks, Krist yawned aloud as he peeked at the clock.

'5 more minutes to lunch.' He thought excitedly and was smiling but halted when he got a call from his office landline.

"Come over to the CEO's office in 5 minutes, Khun Krist." A voice came from the call and Krist scoffed at the form of address.

'And yet you called me Kit on our DATE.'

"Yes, Khun Prachaya." He answered as politely as he could before hanging up the call too resoundingly, earning odd looks from his colleagues.

When it was finally 1pm, he took his wallet and got up from his seat.

"Kit, the CEO requested to meet you." P'Jan rushed to his place and informed him. It was like the CEO knew that Krist would eventually avoid meeting the former as he was still sulking and mostly mad.

"Fine." Sighing defeatedly, he stopped on his track in front of the CEO's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in." The familiar voice was making him gulp nervously and feeling irritated at the same time as he pushed open the door.

"Kit." The man in front of the desk called out enthusiastically but was stopped by Krist's frown.

"Khun Krist, if you may." Krist said and the man grinned awkwardly, pulling the seat as he led Krist to sit on it.

"I've brought some lunch, Kit. So, let's eat together." Singto said as he pulled out a bag from the drawer and placed it on the desk.

"I can have lunch myself in the cafeteria, Khun Prachaya."

"Kit... I know you're upset-"

"Who told you that I'm upset? You're being ridiculous."

"Kit, just hear me out, will you?" Singto pleaded anxiously and Krist's heart softened at that look of his.

"Fine, what do you wanna talk about?"

"I can explain everything, Kit. I swear I was about to tell you all of this yesterday but my dad wanted to meet me urgently and I'd accidentally forgotten my phone back at my home. I didn't have the chance to get it back as my dad insisted that I stay at his place. I did try to call you with the landline at my dad's place last night and this morning too but you didn't pick up my call." Singto was busy explaining and that makes Krist remember that he had found a few miss calls from an unknown number awhile ago but decided to ignore it nonetheless.

"Then... What about Khun John?"

"I didn't know you're working at this company at first, not until I met John with you at the alley of the bar. After knowing how he treated you, I'd requested my dad to investigate him thoroughly and we found out about how he..."

"So... he's your cousin?"

"Yeah, unfortunately."

"Mmhmm." Krist nodded at him and the both of them fell silent for a moment before Singto spoke up again.

"So, lunch?" He asked as he took out two food containers, opening it. Krist was utterly shocked when he saw two servings of soggy noodles in it.

"What... what is that?"

"Oh, I made ramen. I thought you would like to have some."

"R-ramen?"

"Yeah, but technically speaking, I wasn't the one who prepared. I told P'Jan to help me get two cups of instant ramen and some hot water. I prepared it an hour ago and poured it into the food container to keep them warm." Singto placed a container in front of Krist and gave him a pair of chopsticks. Krist had no choice but to force himself into eating these soggy noodles.

"I wonder why these don't taste like the one that was made at my dad's place. Maybe P'Kim is really good at cooking."

"P'... have you ever wondered that noodles can get soggy if they're set aside for too long after cooking?"

"Really? I... I didn't know about that." His voice dripped with disappointment and Krist was fast to coax him.

"But these taste really good too, the seasoning is perfect."

"Yeah, those seasonings from the packets of that instant ramen."

'Shoot! Great job at making everything worse, Kit.'

"I've a question, Kit." Singto said as he straightened his posture abruptly and Krist stopped slurping the noodles.

"What is it?"

"Does I, being your employer, concern you if I still wanted to court you and go on dates with you?" Krist was stunned at the question as he stared at Singto in shock.

"I like you, Krist and I'm serious about everything that's between us." He added but Krist was still speechless.

"Can I still pursue you?" He continued and Krist was deep in his own thoughts. He'd always known that he had a crush on his hot neighbour but he had never thought of even dating him.

'Kit?"

"Yes, it's concerning me." And that brought a dejected smile on Singto.

"I understand..."

"But I like you too." Krist blurted out and his cheeks immediately flushed, "I like you and I would like to go out on dates with you. But you being my employer is a conundrum."

"I..."

"But I would be working here for at most 2 more years and I could work at my dad's place if anything happens to me right now." Krist added and Singto was gazing at him hopefully.

"Does that mean-"

"You can pursue me o-or I can even pursue you... it wasn't easy for me to finally find someone I truly like." His voice barely audible at the end of his sentence and Singto was grinning sheepishly at it.

"I understood that very well." Singto was smirking and Krist's lips curved into a bashful smile.

"But that doesn't mean I'd accept you as my b-boyfriend."

"Alrighty."

"And that doesn't mean I love you... I-I only like you."

"Yes."

"But you can invite me on a date a-and I might agree."

"Mmhmm."

"And can you keep this as a secret before we're really prepared? I know how all this would lead to chaos, especially you being a CEO and me as the future heir of my dad's company."

"Noted."

"V-very well."

"So... would you like to go on a date with me this weekend?"

.

.

.

"Yes."

A/N:
The drama isn't over yet, stay tuned for the next chapter. Thanks for reading.