Chapter 18

Krist's POV
I stood rooted in front of P'Singto's door, obviously stunned by how he dressed.

"P'... Are you wearing a dress shirt?" I asked, gaping at him before gazing at my white monotone t-shirt with a simple jacket and black ripped jeans.

"Yeah, I just thought it might be great to dress up a little." Listening to him, I chuckled a little.

"You're dressed too formally, P'. If I didn't know, I thought you'd be going to a meeting to discuss an agreement that would cost billions."

"R-really?" He gave his attire a once-over before throwing an uncertain look to me.

"Kinda?" I scratched on my head a little and he looked obviously dejected by my answer.

"Oh..." His voice lowered by an octave and I grabbed him by his wrist when he was about to re-enter his house

"It's alright. Dressing formally shows that you cherish and take this seriously although it's just hanging out between friends." I said, attempting to coax him and his lips curved into a small smile.

"Then... should I change?"

"No, you look great." And his smile grew wider, beaming radiantly as he led me to the elevator.

"Thanks." He said in barely a whisper, "You look great too."

"Then let's go?" He nodded and we entered his car, and drove off.
_______________________________________

"We're here." We stepped out of the car and into the café that looked quite fancy from the outside.

"It looks quite expensive here." I whispered to P'Singto.

"It's not how it looks, come here." He brought me to a table beside the French window.

"What do you wanna have? Do you want me to recommend something?" He asked as he passed me the menu that the waiter gave.

"You come here often?"

"I... actually owned this place."

"Wow, you're... rich."

"My dad invested in this café so it's mostly his. The pasta here is quite tasty, do you wanna try some?"

"Yes, and a cup of mocha would be great too." I said, handing back the menu to the waiter.

"I'll have my usual." And the waiter went off.

"So, where are we going next?"

"I've heard that you like baking so maybe we can go to a workshop?" He said and I know just by hearing him, my eyes are already shone with enthusiasm.

How did he know I like baking?

"Yeah. I like that." I said to him before sipping on my cup of mocha. We'd then chatted for a moment before food arrived and it was almost an hour later when we're done with lunch.

"Do you wanna walk to the workshop? It's only down this street." Hearing him, I nodded and it was about a five minute walk before we'd reached the workshop.

"So what do you wanna make?"

"What about macarons? I've been dying to make them but didn't really have the chance to." Both of us had agreed to making macarons and we've been given the choice to either have a tutor to guide us in making them or making them on our own, and we opted to make them ourselves.

"What do we add first?" P'Singto looked quite puzzled by all the ingredients placed on the table as he took the apron from the side, "Let me help you with this."

Trying to hide a smile, I whispered to him, "Thanks." I then helped him in tying his apron too before we proceeded to read the instructions on the paper.

"Apparently, everything here has already been prepared according to the needed measurements, we just need to mix them all up and that's it. Not quite difficult, I guess." I give the paper a once-over before grabbing the bowl of the food processor. P'Singto had chosen to make coffee flavoured ones and I chose to do classic vanilla flavoured ones.

I was beating some egg whites when I noticed P'Singto's awkward movement as he tried to sieve the almond flour mixture and I couldn't help but chuckle at his funny gestures.

"You don't do much baking do you, P'Sing?" I inquired and saw a faint pink hue adorning his cheeks.

"I... can't really cook or bake." He muttered bashfully and my hands hovered his as we grabbed the same fine-mesh sieve. I guided him in sieving the mixture and he was slowly getting the hang of it as well.

"See? It's not that difficult, right?" I looked up to him and our gazes met. He was merely an inch away and I could feel his warm breath mingled with mine. I unknowingly tried to back away but was stopped when I felt a hand on the small of my back. His grip tightened and he was pulling me closer to him.

Click.

I heard the door knob turn and the door was opened. I turned to the side and was startled when I felt P'Singto's nose grazing across my cheek, making my heartbeat quickened its pace. And when I saw a pair of couples come in, I instantly stumbled out of his arms and he stood still, clearing his throat instead. The couples might have noticed what happened between us as they smiled rather awkwardly to us before proceeding to their table.

"P'Sing!" I whisper yelled at him while giving him a death glare but instead of feeling agitated, he ended up smirking at me, and I could only turn back to my bowl and continue beating the egg whites. After around an hour and half, we're finally baking our macarons. It took us a longer period of time as the macarons was needed to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes till 1 hour until it's dry to the touch. While waiting for the macarons to be done baking, we continued with making the buttercream.

"It's done." I excitedly went to the oven and peek at the macarons when the oven was turned off automatically.

"I'll help you take them out." P'Singto took out the trays of macarons and place them to the side on a wire rack to cool as we transfer the buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a round tip.

"I think it's cool enough to start filling them up." I said while poking at the macaron shell and picked it up.

"Then let's get started." It took us another 30 minutes to get everything done and packed well when my phone rang abruptly. I looked at the caller ID, sighing defeatedly as I knew what would happen next.

"Hello, P'Jan."

"Krist, I'm sorry to interrupt you on a Saturday. It's just that one of our colleagues that was supposed to attend an appointment with Khun John is having an emergency and she couldn't be here. I've tried to volunteer but Khun John said he wanted your assistance only. I'm really sorry, Krist."

"It's alright, P'Jan. I understand, it's not your fault either."

"I'm truly sorry, Krist. And Khun John wants you to be here in 20 minutes. Can you make it?"

"Yeah, sure." I said to her, bidding goodbye before hanging up the call. I gazed at P'Singto and he looked quite concerned and upset at the same time.

"I... I'm sorry, P'Singto. My employer is calling for my help. I..."

"It's alright, Krist. You should get going." He then walked me to the bus stop as I insisted on going to the office myself. He looked gloomy all the while waiting for the bus with me. I fidgeted slightly on my feet as I gripped on the paper bag filled with macarons tight. When the bus finally arrived, I took a step in and turned back, facing him.

"Next time, it's on me." He finally looked up from the ground and was gazing at me. We were staring at each other for a moment before he decided to break the silence.

"Next time... Is it a date then?" My eyes widened at his remark and he was looking quite nervous too.

"I..."