Chapter 16

A/N:
Hey guys, for clearer understanding, I'd used Phasmophobia as reference for the game mentioned in this chapter. I personally liked that game a lot as I like horror genre games and movies especially. So, here's a simple description about the game and you can also look it up if you're interested.

Description (information is copied from Steam and Phasmophobia wiki) :

Phasmophobia is a 4 player online co-op psychological horror where you and your team members of paranormal investigators will enter haunted locations filled with paranormal activity and gather as much evidence of the paranormal as you can. You will use your ghost hunting equipment to search for and record evidence of whatever ghost is haunting the location to sell onto a ghost removal team.

You can choose to support your team by monitoring the location with CCTV cameras and motion sensors from the safety of the truck or head inside and get your hands dirty with the ghostly activity that will get increasingly hostile as time goes on.

Immersive Experience: Realistic graphics and sounds as well as having minimal user interfaces will ensure a totally immersive experience that will keep you on your toes.

Cross platform: Phasmophobia supports all players whether they have VR or not so can enjoy the game with your VR and non VR friends.

Co-op multiplayer: Play alongside your friends with up to 4 players in this co-op horror where teamwork is key to your success.

Unique Ghosts: Over 10 different types of Ghosts all with unique traits meaning each investigation will be different.

Investigate: Use well known ghost hunting equipment such as EMF Readers, Spirit Boxes, Thermometers and Night Vision Cameras to find clues and gather as much paranormal evidence as you can.

Full Voice Recognition: The Ghosts are listening! Use your actual voice to interact with the Ghosts through Ouija Boards and EVP Sessions using a Spirit Box.
_______________________________________
Singto's POV

"Jinx!" Hearing my dumb friend shouting out that name, my heart skipped a beat as my eyes widened in shock. I eyed Krist from the side of my eye and saw him getting startled a little, and I instantly faked a cough.

"Oh hi, Singto." I heard P'Lee greeting and was slightly relieved that he finally noticed that I was using my personal account instead of my work account. My friends do know my rule of calling me 'Jinx' only when I'm using my work account for filming.

There are reasons that I never thought of revealing Jinx's appearance on the internet. First of all, I wasn't great at dealing with crowds and I doubt I would ever learn the skill to entertain my followers if I revealed myself and eventually bumped into them on the streets. I might embarrass myself and the atmosphere will totally be awkward just because of my inability. Second, revealing my appearance will lead to two circumstances, I would either grow more followers or I would lose them just because I don't look good enough for them. Third and the foremost reason is being a live streamer would never be my lifetime job. I would still one day inherit my father's company and work as a CEO, and he did say that my image being exposed as a game streamer would affect my reputation as the future CEO and I understood that very well. The share-holders would never accept their CEO being involved in such an 'indecent' job. They would not hold trust in me and work would be like hell if that ever happens.

And the reason I wasn't considering exposing my identity to Krist is because although I had a little crush on my cute little neighbour, I wasn't still fully sure about it. After all, it was barely a few weeks since we met and got to know each other. Besides, I do have the urge on pursuing Krist but revealing myself might cause me to forever stay as someone he admired or I might just be friendzone by him which is both the worst situation if I still want to be involved in a romantic relationship with him.

"Hi, P'Lee. I'm with Krist, my neighbour and his friend, Mike. Guys, this is P'Lee." I introduced them as they greeted each other and began conversing in a comfortable manner.

"So we're playing a horror game today?" P'Lee asked as we invited him to the group.

"Yes, actually it was Krist's idea to give it a go." I said, glimpsing at Krist and saw him swallowing a hard lump in his throat and upon noticing my gaze, he smiled rather anxiously.

"Really? That's great, I've always been wanting to play this game in a group instead of in solo mode."

"Krist... are you sure, you wanted..." Mike uttered and I could sense his hesitation to speak.

"Yes, Mike... I'm fine with it, so let's just start." Krist chimed in and his character in the game had readied.

"Then let's start." I said before we began preparing and starting the game. The game loaded for a moment before the image changed and we're currently in a truck with racks full of stuff.

"You guys do know how to play this game, right?" I asked as I picked up one of the two flashlights and a thermometer.

"Yes."

"Yeah."

Both P'Lee and Mike replied to me and I looked up seeing Krist biting his lower lip while staring at the screen worriedly.

"Are you okay, Krist?"

"Y-yeah, sure. I... Everything's fine." He said before he started clicking on his mouse and I saw his character picking up the other torchlight and an EMF reader. When we're done with the preparation, I led them out of the truck as we entered a pitch black house.

"It's so dark." Krist muttered as he switched on the flashlight, pointing it to every direction in the room before breathing a sigh of relief.

"I'll go find the breaker box and switch on the electricity supply." I said as I walked alone to the garage," Found it." I switched it on and the lights started working again.

"Let's get going then, guys. Singto and I will go upstairs." P'Lee suggested and I agreed to it, following his character while checking the temperature of the surroundings.

"No freezing temperature detected." I told him when we're done exploring the upper floor.

"Wait! I saw a fingerprint on the wall." He exclaimed as he pointed towards the wall with a UV flashlight and he instantly grabbed his camera, taking a picture of it.

"Guys, remember to record 'fingerprints' in the journal. This will help us to earn more money and stock up with equipment." I reminded them before moving downstairs and saw Krist's character standing really near the main entrance.

"Did you detect anything with that EMF reader yet?" I asked, eyeing Krist as he answered a 'no' before continuing.

"I haven't really explored the house yet." He muttered softly and I was quite puzzled.

Why hadn't he?

"Then let's go, I haven't investigated here yet." And he nodded before his character started following mine.

"James Anderson." I heard Mike yelling out of the blue as he placed a ghost writing book on the dining table and my flashlight abruptly started flashing and the lights in the room turned off.

"Shit." I heard a frightened yelp from my side and saw Krist's character running out of the kitchen as he dashed out of the house and Mike was still screaming before his character froze and dropped to the floor, his voice vaguely heard.

"Mike died." P'Lee stated before laughing," Look at how he died, his face is in the table."

After laughing at Mike's misery, we then continued with the investigation and finally found out that the ghost is a 'revenant' from the evidence and we won the match, and that's when I heard a soft chuckle and the boy beside me whispering.

"It wasn't that creepy."

It was like he was assuring himself.

.

.

.

Is he perhaps... afraid of ghosts?