Chapter 15

Singto's POV
I was back in my apartment after breakfast as I took a bath when someone knocked on the door. I wasn't thinking much as I walked to the doorstep, turning the door knob and revealing Krist at the other side of the door.

"P'..." His words stopped abruptly as his cheeks flushed red down to his neck and he swiftly stuffed something in my hands, shutting the door with a loud slam.

What was that?

I looked down to the thing in my hands and saw a food container and it was pretty dense, probably some soup that his mother had made. Staring at it, I suddenly realized the reason for Krist's sudden reaction and I went back to my room, changing into a decent set of clothes before going back to my living room.

Knock. Knock.

I was a little startled hearing the knock on the door again but this time I wasn't careless like before and looked out of the peephole, making sure I was at least dressed unlike earlier.

"Hi, P'." I opened the door just to be greeted by Krist anew and he was heaving a sigh of relief with a hand behind his back as if he was hiding something. I tried to subtly peek at it but failed.

But I do know that I must have scared him just now with my half-naked figure.

"Yes?" I was gazing at him as he fidgeted on his feet slightly before handing me phone. To be exact, my phone.

"You... you left it in our refrigerator." Krist said as he tried to hide a chuckle while faking a cough and averting his gaze to the side.

"Oh, I..." I tried to explain but didn't know what to actually say.

"I understand, P'." He then chimed in with a bright smile while nodding his head.

"Y-you do?" I eyed him suspiciously before he began speaking.

"You're just forgetful, like my dad. He always forgot to remove his wallet from his trousers and was always placed in the washing machine by mom. I understand that old age can deteriorate your memory, so I brought you this." He stated and shoved me a paper bag ," Walnuts, blueberries and a pack of green teas. I did some research before when I was in high school to know about what foods are great to boost your brain and memory. So I decided to give you some that I can find back at my home."

"But I wasn't..."

"I really do understand, P'. You don't have to be shy about it and hide the truth. Everyone will grow old one day and will be forgetful, it's just that you're facing it at a much earlier age. This is a really rare case but I get it."

"No, Kit..."

"Oh, I also found out that coffee, dark chocolate and broccolis do help too and some websites say about playing games to improve your memory, concentration and brain health, you can try it out too." He continued and I knew I wouldn't be able to clear off the misunderstanding so might as well go with the flow.

"Playing games, huh? But I don't like playing alone."

"You can play those multiplayers one with your friends, those are fun."

"Why don't you play with me instead, you're my friend anyways." I said and he started gazing at me uneasily.

"I don't..."

"You don't wanna help me?" I asked while softening my gaze into a pitiful one.

"No, P'. It's not that, I..."

"It's a promise then, you'll come over to my place next weekend and we can play some games together." I said and it took him a moment before he reluctantly nodded.

"Great, text me your steam account id and I'll give you the game we're going to play next weekend."

_______________________________________

"Are you sure we are going to play this game?" Krist asked as he eyed me feebly. I've used my own personal account on steam to add Krist as a friend and had sent him a game as a gift so that we could play together.

"Yes, it's quite challenging and I like horror genres." I told him as I clicked open the game and he too reluctantly clicked on it.

"Are we the only two to play?"

"I can invite my friends to play or your friends could join too."

"Then why don't you invite one of your friends and I'll invite one of mine." I agreed to his suggestion and went to send a message to my friend.

"My friend will be online in a while." He said before chuckling while typing on his phone and my curiosity to know the person he's texting heightened.

"Mine too." I said before glimpsing at the smile that was too annoyingly bright and that dimple of his is flashing too much.

"He's here, I'll add him in our group and let him join a call as well." Krist excitedly exclaimed before focusing on his laptop and I was still staring at his buzzing phone.

Those infuriating incoming messages...

"Hey, Kit!" I had already plugged in my headphones and heard a cheerful voice rang as Krist started chattering along with him with delight.

"Hey, Mike. Gosh, it's been at least weeks since we met."

"Yeah, it's not like when we're in university. How I miss the days back when the six of us could meet each other everyday." Hearing him, I cleared my throat and managed to capture Krist's attention again.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce the both of you. Mike, this is P'Singto, my neighbour and P'Singto, this is Mike, my friend since university."

"Hello, Mike."

"Hello, P'Singto."

"He's actually the same age as you, Mike." Krist whispered to Mike and I was quite surprised by the fact, and was noticed by Krist," He's a year late to enroll in university."

"Oh, glad to meet you."

"Same here."

"We're still waiting for P'Singto's friend..."

"Oh, he's here." I said when I saw the ID appeared. Adding him to the call, my friend called out for me aloud and I was on the verge of rushing to his place to smack his damn idiotic head.

"Jinx!"

A/N:
Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and apologize to those readers who are reading my other story Was Mad. Im really sorry that I wasnt able to update twice as Id promised as I had mentioned that I was kinda emotionally spent these few days because of some family issues. Im all fine right now and will be able to update in a few days since I didnt have any chapter written in my draft yet. Thanks for understanding and thanks for reading as well.