Chapter 31

Flashback Starts
"Kit, you know... we've been dating for months now."

"Yeah, what about it?" Krist sipped on his iced tea as he looked up from his phone at Singto.

"I was thinking... maybe we could take a step ahead... Don't you think so?" Singto nervously inquired, fingers fidgeting and his eyes couldn't meet Krist's.

"W-what do you mean, P'Sing?" His jaw dropped hearing Singto's words and his hold on his cup loosened. It shook him a little but he was lucky that the cup had fallen on the table and the tea didn't spill.

"Can you... Can I give you this?" Singto rummaged through his pockets and dug out a key, carefully placing it on Krist's hand.

"P'Sing."

"I just wanted you to have the key to my place... I would want you to move in with me but I'm sure Uncle Jack would definitely oppose it." Singto looked down to his knees, uncertain of how Krist would react. But he froze on his seat when he felt a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you, P'Sing." He saw Krist hold the key tight between his palms, a bright bashful smile adorning his lips and he couldn't help but to grin as well. He circled his arm around Krist's waist, intending to pull the latter closer to him as his other hand was sitting on Krist's nape. The latter inclined his face, his lips pouty and Singto was tempted to have planted his lips on the soft and plump ones.

"Kids, dinner's ready!" They were both startled out of their almost intimate moment when they heard Krist's mother yelling from the other side of the door. Reluctantly, Singto let go of his grip on Krist and the younger instantly got on his feet, rushing out of the room out of embarrassment. His cheeks were tinted red and that caught his parents' eyes.

"Kit." Jack was the first to speak upon noticing that shy smile of his son.

"Yes?" Krist curiously looked at him, finger sticking into the icing of the cake he'd helped make in the afternoon.

"Wash your hands." Despite wanting to tell his son about the limits he should have when he's in a relationship, he decided to let it off the hook and maybe have a little chat with Singto some other time.

He wouldn't want to upset his son by making him more embarrassed.

"Take a seat, Singto. You don't have to be so reserved. You've been here too many times and we consider you a family as well." Mam pointed to the seat beside where usually Krist sits and placed the chicken tenders on the dining table before gesturing to her husband to help with the ribs.

"It's alright, Aunty Mam. I can help you set up the table if you don't mind." Singto hurriedly went after her steps into the kitchen and grabbed some cutleries, spotting Krist still by the corner. His left hand dripping with water as he wiped on the hem of his shirt, his right hand was already aiming for the cake.

"Kit, manners." Jack hushed seeing his son in that edacious state.

"But dad, can't I have some cake?"

"You can but only after dinner."

"But I'm only hungry for cakes." Krist whined when his dad took the cake away from his reach.

"You can't eat dessert before having real food. Don't you remember that you once had an upset tummy for eating too much sugary food before meals?" He chastised, thinking about how they need to visit the doctor just because Krist decided that it was a great decision to have two chocolate muffins before lunch.

"It won't happen again, dad."

"Nope, so come help us with the ribs, honey." Mam chimed in and requested help from his son that was only lurking around the kitchen with no intention in helping them set up the table.

"Fine, I want more cake for dessert." Krist grumbled under his breath before pacing to the small indoor grill. Wearing a pair of kitchen mittens, he gingerly took out the tray filled with meaty goodness and placed it on the table.

"You need to try these, P'Singto. It's our family ribs solely for family dinners only. This recipe had been passed down from my great grandmother to my mother and I can assure you that it would be the best thing you'd ever have." Krist said as he began plating some ribs for Singto but the latter was faking coughs, eyeing at Krist's parents.

"Are you sick? Why are you coughing so hardly?" Rolling his eyes internally, he turned and faced the Sangpotirats with an apologetic smile. As if on cue, Krist too realised that he was being a little rude to not have served the elders first and he curved his lips into the most radiant smile.

"Mom, dad, here." He picked up one of the ribs from the tray and was about to place it on his dad's plate when it accidentally fell on the table. The juicy meat splatters on the table and droplets stained his parents' clothing.

"Ummm... I'm sorry?" He meekly muttered and Jack could only heave a sigh defeatedly.

'So much for being the filial and polite son.'

"It's okay, you should serve yourself instead, son." Jack said and Krist hesitantly scooped up a portion of mashed potatoes into his plate.

"Your mom had prepared plenty of food for dinner, don't you think?" Krist nodded when his father said and was a little puzzled by his smirk, "I bet you would be too full to finish up all these food. So why don't we keep the cake for tomorrow? Singto, you can bring some back with you, alright?"

And Krist could only frown at his dad, not daring to oppose.

"Here, Kit." Singto fed a spoonful of the chocolate cake and Krist happily obliged. He'd managed to tell his parents that he would be sending Singto off and had successfully snooped into the latter's house, stealing a small portion of cake.

"Eat slowly, Kit. No one's rushing you." Singto chuckled when he saw some cream smeared on Krist's cheek and he gently wiped it off.

"I couldn't stay for too long. Dad would be even more upset if I'm here past midnight. That means no cake even for tomorrow." Singto could only shake his head as Krist gobbled down a few mouthfuls of cake before dashing back to his home.

It was going to be 12 in 15 more minutes and he saw his dad staring at the door from the couch. He went back to his room and was about to change into his pajamas when his hand reached into the pocket of his pants, feeling the cold metal touch his fingertips.

'Maybe I should surprise him next Sunday.'

A/N:
A surprise update solely to celebrate our P'Krist's birthday. I won't be updating this week as well and might change my usual updating time to on weekends only. I couldn't even be sure if I would have the time to write on weekends since I've tons of additional classes. But I'll try when I can. That's all from me, thanks for reading.

Happy birthday to our lovely P'Kit🐢May you be blessed with all the happiness in the world❤️❤️❤️