10. Conscience: Suho (EXO)

Your breath got caught in your throat as you read the article about your son Sehun going out with one of your biggest competitors' son Luhan. You didn't mind, because if he was happy than you were happy. It was your husband you were worried about. You knew he would blow up, knowing his only son is going out with his competition. It was dinner, a thick layer of tension rest in the small spaces room. Nothing was said, the only thing being heard was chewing and the knives scraping against the plates. Suho let out a deep sigh as he glared at Sehun.

"How are you doing Dad" Sehun quietly said.

Silence. Nothing was said. He acknowledged Sehun but he didn't say anything back. He just looked at Sehun and kept eating.

"Someone asked you a question. Have you gone deaf?" you asked.

Suho placed his utensils down on the table, closed his eyes, and took in a deep breath. In a flash his hand slammed against the table, one of the plates flew off the table, shattering into pieces.

"How dare you date that dog's child!" Suho shouted.

"You should be happy that he's happy!" you interjected.

"He could be happy. But not with him! He's associated with the enemy" Suho said.

"But I love him Dad" Sehun said.

"You don't love him" Suho said.

You got down on the ground and began cleaning up the mess. You gathered all of the shards of broken glass, putting them in a pile.

"Make that boy do it" Suho snapped.

"You may be the big boss for your company. But I'm the boss of this house. I'll clean it up" you said.

After dinner, you and Sehun were left on the table. Sehun fiddled with his fingers as he was trying to think what to do.

"What should I do?" Sehun asked.

"Do you love the guy?" you asked.

"With my life" Sehun said.

"Does he make you happy?"

"He puts the biggest smile on my face"

"Then you stay in that relationship. Don't let your father dictate your happiness" you said.

Weeks past and Suho hasn't even had a real conversation with Sehun. Sehun and Luhan are  still going strong. And you have been trying to tell Suho to give Luhan a chance. But, to your dismay, he doesn't budge. You were cooking dinner when Sehun barged into the house, tears in his eyes. Suho looked up and stared at Sehun.

"Sehun, what happened?" you asked.

"Are you happy now? Luhan broke up with me because you went and threatened him and his family" Sehun cried.

"You what?" you shouted.

"It had to be done" Suho stated.

"I hope you're happy now. Because you lost one thing, me" Sehun said as he rushed to his room.

Suho sat there, his wide open as he tried to process what Sehun just said. You had told Suho to clean the dishes while you go and check on Sehun. You walked up to his room and walked in, witnessing your son sob into his pillow.

"Oh honey" you said as you sat at the edge of the bed.

Sehun instantly went into your arms as he continued to sob. You couldn't make out any of the words that he was saying so you continued to shush him. After a couple minutes, he finally vented out his frustration about his father. You sat there and listened as tears wouldn't stop falling and his words kept flowing. You hugged him and told him everything will be okay. You told him to get some rest and walked out to Suho.

"Congratulations. You just won the award for Most Hated Father" you said sarcastically as you went and helped Suho with the dishes.

"He hates me" Suho said.

"I mean I wouldn't say... Yeah he hates you" you said earning a glare from Suho.

You noticed Suho continued to scrub the same plate over and over again. You grabbed his wrist and he looked at you.

"The plate is clean baby. It's your train of thought that isn't. That boy made Sehun the happiest man alive but you were to blind to see it because you saw him as your your enemy because he's your competitor's child" you said.

It was the next day and you woke up to an empty bed. Suho's stuff was already gone which meant he was already gone to work. You got up and went to check on Sehun who was still lying in bed crying. You went and comforted him. The day began and you were doing the chores for the house. You were told by Suho to set up dinner for four people. You were confused at first but you did it anyways. Sehun has helped you set the table, confused as well when you told him to set up four plates. Suho had announced that he was home and he had brought someone with him. You and Sehun watched as Suho walked into view with Luhan. Sehun gasped as Luhan made his way to Sehun.

"What's the meaning of this?" you asked Suho.

"Let's have dinner" Suho said as he led you to the table and sat you down.

"What are you doing here?" Sehun asked Luhan who smiled as he led Sehun to a chair.

Everybody was seated, confusion radiated the air as Suho smiled at you. He looked at Sehun and grabbed his hand.

"I'm sorry son. For what I've put you through. I didn't know how much you loved Luhan til I forced him to break up with him" Suho said.

"He's my everything" Sehun said as he grabbed ahold of Luhan's hand.

"Well I've decided to reconcile with Luhan. I've apologized and everything and asked him to return to you" Suho said.

"Wait so I can go out with Luhan?" Sehun asked.

"And even marry" Luhan added as Sehun hugged him.

You looked at Suho and smiled at him. Knowing that his conscience was finally clear.