school

2/3/13
"wake up minney!!!!" cali cried in her begging voice.
"Today i start kingerdarden!!!" she yelled, mispronouncing kindergarten, but i didnt have the heart to tell her.
"okay hun, you go put on the clothes layed out, and michale will go make us pancakes" i said with more enthusiasm than i felt.
Not only was i tired, i was sad. I don't want her to leave, i dont want her to grow up.
Michale came in late last night to check on me, and found me sitting up in bed, staring at the floor.
"are you okay?" he asked, coming to sit by me on the bed.
"yeah," i mumbled, "she is just growing up."
"you're cute when you're in mom mode," he giggled, wrapping his arms around me.
I stuck my tounge out at him, showing my defiance.
He flicked my nose, saying "if you keep that face long enough, it will stay that way."
"thanks dad!" i laughed, poking him in the ribs.
He flinched, and instantly tried to hide it.
"you okay? Whats wrong?" i asked with concern.
"just a bruise" he lied.
Man he sucks at lying to me.
"let me see" i ordered, tugging at his sweatshirt.
He took of his swearshirt and pulled his shirt up, revealing seven different bruises, black and blue. He looked like someone had taken purple, black, and blue paint and splashed it all over his torso.
"what happened???" i asked, panicked.
"just a scrap with one of the boys at work."
He said, attempting nonchalance.
"who? Why?" i asked, anger seeping into my voice.
He stayed quiet, looking at the ground.
"tell me." i said sternly, making him do a double take at me.
"some guy at work made a comment i didnt like and..." he trailed off, not wanting to tell me more.
"what did he say? Since when does a comment make you want to fight?"
"he said... He said if a girl got raped, she was asking for it." he whispered, ashamed of even repeating it.
Tears began to stream down my face...
"i hit him... Hard. He went down, but his friends... Well that's where i got the bruises. The captain had to pull me off one of them, and i got suspened for a week. But i dont regret it. You never asked for it. No girl asks for that."
He was fighting back tears, but i couldnt. Those memories would never go away, and i had the scars to prove it.
"what can i do?" he asked, regretting telling me, sadness filling his voice.
"just hold me" i whispered, trying to keep my voice from shaking.
He held me all night.
The only one who understands.
God has a funny way of making two people perfect for eachother, yet so imperfect.
Now, as i tried to get out of bed, i remembered he had slept there with me.
Looking around, i panicked, not seeing him.
Thats when i smelled breakfast.
He's so sweet.
Cali came out in a rainbow tutu, green tights, and a van Halen tshirt.
"What happened to your dress?" i asked, stifling back a laugh.
Im gonna miss you, and this shirt reminds me of you. And this tutu is more prettier than that dress." she said confidently.
"and the tights?" i asked, smiling at her independent way of thinking.
"My favorite color is green" she said, although she pronounced it gwreen.
"ah" i responded, not knowing what to say.
"Breakfasts ready!" michale yelled, sending cali running (and falling) to the kitchen.
"what happened to your tummy?" i heard her say. Hes shirtless... Great.
"i was fighting a dragon" he responded with enthusiasm.
"why?" she asked, believing every word.
"to see my beautiful princesses" he said, smiling at her.
He was so cute with her.
"did you win?" she asked in awe.
"with these bad boys," he said flexing,"he didnt stand a chance." he said with confidence.
Seemingly satisfied with her answer, she almost started eating, when he yelled "WAIT!!!"
We both froze as he walked to the fridge and grabbed the whipped cream and snatched the sprinkles off the counter.
"A special breakfast for my special princess" he said, bowing for effect.
Thats when he noticed me in a t shirt and jeans, no makeup, and my hair a mess.
He froze, staring at me.
He smiled as he said, "and in walked the most beautiful woman who ever lived."
"and her handsome, shirtless prince" i said with equal pazzas.
He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a peck on the lips. He was so warm in the cold, old house.
"could you stop eating her face?" cali laughed as she put whip cream on her pancakes.
"never" he whispered, more to me than to cali.
His emerald green eyes shone so beautifully this morning, i could hardly look away.
"can prince michale take me to school today?" she asked, bringing me back to reality.
"why?" i asked, curious as to what made him the favorite this morning.
His car has the lights on them and some times he lets-" she was cut off as michales hand flew over her mouth.
"our secret,  remember? "
Of course i knew the secret. Sometimes in the parking lot he would let her steer if they were the only ones there. But i loved them having a secret. It made her feel special to him, and she was.
"never mind" she said quickly, trying to play it off as nothing.
"hmmm..." i said, stroking my invisible beard.
"i guess, just this once, prince michale could take you to school." i said, smiling as her.eyes lit up.
She whispered in his ear, presumably about steering the car.
"if u hurry" he whispered, loud enough for me to hear, although i pretended not to notice.
She ate her pancake as fast as she could and ran to grab her backpack as i began to clear off the table.
Michale came up behind me and whispered in my ear, scaring me half to death.
"ill be home soon" he said, laughing.
"we have the whole day just you and me" he said grinning ear to ear.