XXXI

"She was laughing. I think she's happy now." Joy said flatly, showing a printed photo of Lisa giggling with her friends.

"That's it?" Wendy scoffed.

"Yes. You were curious if she was happy or not. There's your answer."

Wendy furrowed her eyebrows.

"I want you to look at it deeply. Not to judge it quickly because you caught her smiling at that moment." Wendy said.

"How can I do that? I didn't want her at my sight, not alone to be in the same room and yet you want me to psycho analyze her?" Joy asked.

"Look, her eyes won't reach her ears." Wendy said pointing at the paper.

"That's really impossible. It's an idiom." Joy said.

"I mean, Joy, hello, she is obviously dying inside." Wendy said.

"Why bother to ask for my help when you can stalk her yourself?"

"I already told you the reason." Wendy said annoyed.

"Please, I can't stand seeing my friend crying every night wondering how they ended up like that." Wendy said sincerely.

"Make our date two Saturdays." Joy mumbled.

"What?" Wendy asked surprised.

"Additional date for additonal job. Nothing's free now. Don't worry, it will only happen after I psycho analyze her." Joy said smiling.

"So, you have this position because you like to earn something from taking advantage of people?" Wendy asked angrily.

"And what? After you get what you want? What will happen to the people you used?"

"Excuse me, you are the one who scanned my high school graduation book and begged me to stalk for Lisa-"

"No, it's alright. You don't have to. I'm so sorry for bothering you about this. Please also stop bothering me." Wendy said sternly.

"Oh god, what do you mean by that?" Joy asked but then Wendy already left her office, leaving her feeling guilty.

Lisa was standing around the high table when Suho left to get some drinks. They attended her father's function to raise donations for a certain home for the aged that email them asking for help.

She smiled at everyone who greets and congratulates her, although she doesn't want to, she needs this people to donate.

"Congratulations." Lisa only smiled. She was starting to get bored.

She snapped her head when she noticed someone coming near her. A familiar face welcomed her with a bored smile.

"Ms. Manoban." Joy said.

"Ms. Park." Lisa said  adjusting her body to face Joy.

"Enough with formalities." Joy said grabbing a glass of cocktail from the waiter quickly passing by.

"How are you?" Joy asked.

"I'm good." Lisa said confused.

"No, how are you, like emotionally-" Joy was having a hard time to talk it out.

"Hold up, why do you care about me? More importantly, my emotional state?" Lisa scoffed.

Joy sighed heavily, not knowing how to handle this type of conversation. She's an emotionally detached person with most of the people, and so is Lisa but Joy wasn't subtle about it.