Chapter 2: Interrogation

Me and Zaine exit the portal right outside of the police station. I look at the building and sigh loudly. I grab Zaine's hand and open the door. I see there's at least twenty officers inside, talking. One of them looks over towards the two of us and sighs loudly. He walks over to us and I smile a little.

"Hello officer." I greet.

The officer stops in front of us and tips his hat.

"Hello... Look, we already know why you're here, but we can't let you see the suspect. He's extremely dangerous and could end up hurting both you and himself." The officer explains.

I shake my head.

"I get that, but there are things I need to know. Things that you'll never understand. All I want to do is talk to him, nothing else. Just a couple of minutes. Please. You can even have officers waiting right outside of the door. Just let me talk to the man." I beg.

The officer looks around at the other cops in the room, all of which are watching us. He turns back to us and goes to answer.

"Let me handle these two."

A female cop with very short bright red hair comes over and looks at us two.

"I'll take it from here officer, thank you."

The officer tips his hat and leaves us be. The female cop isn't in typical uniform, but instead wearing a black suit and black sunglasses. She moves her head, indicating that we should follow her. I look at Zaine who has a massive smile on his face.

"I feel like I'm in GTA." He whispers.

I smile at him and roll my eyes. The two of us follow her to a staff room with no one in it. We enter the room and the cop closes the door.

"You want anything to drink?" She asks us, removing her gloves.

I look at her.

"Water's fine, thank you." I reply.

The cop smiles and gets two plastic cups.

"I expected you to come here, as a matter of fact, A few of us had a pool, wondering how many of you would come."

The woman pours the water out and turns back to me and Zaine.

"Take a seat." She tells us.

Zaine quickly sits down and I sit down next to him.

"So...what's your name?" I ask.

The woman finishes pouring out water and takes them to the table in front of her.

"People around here usually call me Red, so feel free to call me that."

I reach out and take a cup of the water and take a sip.

"Is that because of your hair colour?" Zaine asks.

I nudge his shoulder but Red simply chuckles. She sits down in front of us and smiles calmingly.

"As a matter of fact,.it is." She answers.

Red turns to me and takes her glasses off. She has strong green eyes.

"I was actually wanting to have a conversation with your sister here, if she doesn't mind of course." Red tells Zaine.

I smile slightly at her and nod my head.

"Should I leave?" Zaine asks, slightly unsure.

I look over at Red and she nods her head slightly. I look back to Zaine and smile.