Chapter 21: The Real Explanation

Ugh...my head...where...where am I?”

I slowly open my eyes and look around. I sit up and see that I’m in a weird looking secret base of sorts. The walls are all metal and it has these thin neon lights running through them. I rub my head and get out of the bed and realize my amulet is in my hand. I look at it, remembering everything that’s just happened. Did...did I really just kill Sonic the Hedgehog? I clench the fist my amulet is in and shake my head. No. He can’t really be dead. I mean, I did stab him through the heart with my sword but surely he’s not dead...heh...right?

I take a sharp breath in and put my amulet back on. I walk out of the room and walk down the halls. There just like the bedroom I was in. The sides of the floor are metal but the middle is lit up with white. I walk further down the path and see a door. I walk over to it and go to open it, but hear people talking inside.

“Wow. I didn’t know this place was here.” Mario comments.

“I know, but why is it so hidden?” Zelda asks.

I take a small deep breath in and open the door. They're all gonna have so many questions for me. I look inside the room and see my friends, Mario, Luigi, Link, Zelda and the sisters all inside. Cecilia runs over to me and hugs me tightly. “Oh thank god you're awake!” She exclaims.

The rest of my friends walk over and I smile nervously at them. “Hey guys…” I mumble.

Mary very calmly grabs me by the shoulders and then starts to shake me quickly. “What the hell was that!?! Since when the hell could you fly?!?!” Mary says, speaking extremely quickly.

Bryony pulls her away and I sigh. “That was my first time.” I answer, rubbing the back of my head.

I look around the room and then see Sonic in a glass looking cube of some kind. Chains wrap around his arms, legs and neck. He fights to try and break out of them but to no avail. I look at everyone, surprised, but also a little relieved.

“What...what’s going on? Why did Sonic attack me? Where are we? Why and how did Sonic manage to use that kind of power?” I ask.

Diana sighs softly and rubs her head. “It’s a long story. Well, A really long story.” She starts.

I walk over to the box Sonic is in and stare at him, he looks almost like a wild animal. He looks up at me and then tries to lung towards me, but the chains keep him back. I take a small step back and gasp slightly. Annette glares at Sonic and looks at me.

“Trust me. There’s no point in trying to talk to him now. He’s barely in control anymore.” She deadpans.

I look at her and raise an eyebrow. “What do you mean by that?” I ask.

Annette sighs. “Oh Jesus we're in for it now. How the hell do we even begin to explain to you about this kind of thing?” She grumbles.

Diana looks around at everyone. “The stuff I’m about to tell you...is big. Really big. If you don’t want to hear it, I suggest leaving the room now. It's not just some little thing...it's world changing. And I’m not exaggerating.” Diana warns.

Everyone stays silent, no one moving or doing anything. Naida looks at Diana who nods her head and starts to talk.

“Cecilia...can you tell me what you’ve heard about the amulet, please? It’ll make explaining this much easier.” She asks.

Cecilia looks at her for a few seconds before nodding her head. “Ok. From what I know of, the amulet has the power to-”

“Well that’s all wrong. Everything you’ve been told about the amulet is false. That amulet has no power. None at all.” Diana interrupts.