Chapter 23: Fight For The Light

Charlie’s P.O.V

I stare down at the ground on my knees, unable to stand up or move at all. No matter how hard I try, I fall back down. I can’t find it in me to get up this time. My brother is dead, and it’s all my fault. My friends lost someone they cared about because of me. How am I supposed to face them again? How can I keep looking forward when I know my brother's life ended too early. I shake my head as tears flow down my face, not bothering to keep them down.

“Wow. I knew you were weak. But... wow.”

I slowly look up and see Mistress standing there, looking down on me. “You lose one idiotic little brother and all of a sudden the world ends? Wow. How pathetic are you?” Mistress asks.

I clench my teeth together and try my best to stand up. “Shut up...you don’t know...don’t know the amount of pain I’m going through right now. Don’t know how much anguish I’m feeling. If you had a brother, family, anyone you cared about and you had to watch them die right in front of your eyes. Then you would know. But you don’t.”

I look Mistress in the eyes and force myself to stand up. “So shut your goddamn face and leave me alone!” I scream.

Mistress looks at me for a few seconds before slowly starting to laugh, getting louder and louder by the second. “Oh you poor girl. You still don’t know who I am, do you? Fun fact. I did just watch my brother die. And unlike you, I loved every single second of it. And do you want to know why?"

I stare at Mistress for a few seconds before she smiles. "You know what, I’ll just show you why.”

Mistress pulls off her hood and throws it to the ground. My eyes go wide and I stare at her in pure shock. “W-What...no...you...you can’t be…” I stutter.

Mistress smiles at me and puts her hands on her hips. “That’s right...I’m you.”

Third Person

Mary blasts blue fire at an incoming Armank and Celeste blasts it with lasers, trying to over heat it’s armour. It pops out and Samus blasts it straight in the face. The Armank disappears into a black mist and Mary cheers.  Cecilia slashes through Primids with her spear while Bryony blasts Armights out of the sky. Luigi shoots blue lightning at a small group of Bytans with Mario helping him.

“There’s so many of these things!” Celeste shouts over the fighting.

Snake attaches a bomb to the side of a Feyesh and blows it up.

“I know! But keep at it! We can’t give up!” Cecilia shouts back.

Celeste nods her head and continues to shoot at the onslaught of enemies. The subspace gunship in the distance starts to charge up and Samus sees it. “We need someone on that gunship, now!” She demands.

“I heard someone was already on that, but I don’t know who. Just focus on the enemies for now.” Snake tells her.

Samus nods and blasts at a Towtow. Agent 8 throws splat bombs around at all the different enemies on her end and kicks a Primid in the face as it lunges for her. Agent 4 helps her and splats as many as she can, hoping to damage their numbers. Cloud cuts through multiple different enemies and Link helps him, throwing his boomerang and bombs around. Spaaks from the air fire down at people and manage to hit different fighters, knocking them down to the ground. Byleth sees them and uses her sword like a whip and attaches herself to one of them. She pulls it down to the ground and then pulls out her axe and slams it down into the Spaak.

Shaydas’s surround Ren, Bayonetta and Shulk who do their best to attack them. Bayonetta fires at them while Shulk uses his different arts to try and take them out.