Chapter 4: The Invitation

Cecilia walks back over to me, the same shocked expression on her face. Smash Brothers? Smash Brothers? This can’t be real. Sure, I would like it to be but...but this doesn’t make any sense. I thought people only from video games could join...well, video game universes anyway. I stare at the invitation and then look back up at Cecilia.

“You saw that, right? I’m not the only one that saw that?” I ask.

Cecilia nods her head.

“Yeah I saw it. A giant hand just came in, handed you an invitation and left. Trust me, it was hard to miss.” Cecilia replies.

I look around at everyone in the classroom and see a look of shock, fear and bewilderment on their faces. I look over at Mr Harrison who shrugs his shoulders.

“You might as well go, no use in staying round here.” He says.

I smile a little at him and me and Cecilia start to pack our bags. Brandon goes over to Raphael and helps him to his feet, some other people going over to make sure he’s ok.

“Did...did a giant talking hand just come into the classroom?” Raphael asks.

Kadie nods her head.

“Pretty much.” She answers.

Me and Cecilia finish packing our stuff away and quickly leave the classroom. I look over to room 112, the room where Celeste and Eilidh are in. Cecilia and I share a glance before walking over and knocking on the door. Cecilia opens it and the teacher looks at us.

“Um...can we have Celeste and Eilidh please?” Cecilia asks.

Celeste quickly stands up and looks at us.

“What happened?” Celeste asks.

I sigh loudly and show her the invitation. Celeste’s jaw drops and Eilidh looks at it confused.

“What? It’s just an invitation.” Eilidh says, not quite understanding.

I roll my eyes and sigh.

“Just pack up your stuff and come with us.” I deadpan.

Celeste packs up her stuff at rocket speed and practically runs over to us. Eilidh shoves her stuff in her bag and follows her.

“How come they get to leave without having a note?” Conner asks.

Cecilia sighs and without even answering his question, slams the door.

“Be honest, what did you think we were coming to the door for?” I ask Celeste and Eilidh.

Celeste grins.

“I thought you were gonna say that furries fell through the roof and were now asking for our help.” Celeste says sarcastically.

Eilidh looks at her.

“That’s oddly specific.” Eilidh comments.

Cecilia snorts and we all walk over to Bryony and Mary’s classroom. Eilidh goes to knock on the door but it swings open before she can. Keiran, an idiot in our year, storms out of the classroom in a huff. We all exchange a few confused glances and poke our head into the classroom. Mary sees us and her eyes light up.

“Uh...can we take Mary and Bryony?” Cecilia asks.

Mr Robertson looks over at Mary and Bryony who have already put their stuff away.

“Praise the lord!” Mary exclaims.

They both walk over to our group and Eilidh waves.

“Thank you.” Eilidh tells Mr Robertson.