Chapter 13: That Night

A/N: Just a quick heads up, this chapter had mention of rape and sexual harassment so if your not comfortable with that stuff I suggest skipping past it. With that said, on with the chapter!

I stare at Nadia, shocked. She...she left her sisters? That- that can't be right. I must be jumping to conclusions!

"Do...do you mean-"

"I left my sisters...for good." Nadia looks at me and I see nothing but pain in her eyes.

"I-I couldn't do it anymore Charlie. I had to leave. I told Diana and she helped me feel better about it but...but what do I do now? Where do I go? I don't know anyone else apart from them. And...and I didn't even tell Annette and Crystal! I couldn't even look them in the eyes properly! I don't know how I'm supposed to tell them! I can't tell them! I...I..."

Nadia breaks down in tears and I wrap my arms around her. I look back at everyone else in the distance and then at Nadia. I can't bring her back to everyone like this, she's in a state.

"Do you...do you want to talk about it?" I ask.

Nadia bites her lip a little and nods her head. I smile weakly and we both start to walk away. I stop for a moment and look at the dark sphere. I walk over to it and pick it up, crushing it in my hand and turning it to light. I look back at Nadia and see slight shock on her face. I sigh softly and shrug.

"I don't know either." I tell her.
We both continue walking, a long silence in the air.

...

I open the door to my room and let Nadia inside. I close the door behind me and look at Nadia. We mostly walked in silence, neither one of us being able to say a word after what happened. I walk over to her and she sits down at the edge of my bed. She looks down at the floor in thought and fiddles with my sheets.

"You-you want something to eat?" I ask.

Nadia looks at me and shakes her head. "No...I'm fine." She replies.

I nod my head a few times and tap my fingers against the side of my thigh, not knowing what to do or say. "You...you said you wanted to talk about what happened?" I ask, trying to start a conversation of some kind.

Naida looks up at me and sighs a little. "Yeah...that..."

I sit down next to her and look at her. "Why did you come here? Surely there must have been another place for you to go. Right?" I ask.

Nadia shakes her head sadly. "No...my sisters are the only people that I can really call my friends. I...started to lose friends a while ago since I didn't really keep in contact with them. I came here because I saw that you were here and assumed your friends would be here with you and...well, you've been nice to me in the past so I thought it would be a good idea."

Nadia fidgets with her hands and bites her lip. "If you don't want me here. I completely understand, after all the things I've put you through-"

"All the things you've put me through? You haven't put me through anything, neither have your sisters. It was the others villains that did. And I know my friends feel the same way." I interrupt.

Nadia smiles weakly at me. "Thanks..." She mumbles.

She moves her hair behind her ear and looks around at my room, she doesn't look at ease very much, and looks very nervous. I look down at her other hand and see she's gripping the sheet tightly, almost like she's afraid something might happen. I slowly reach out and touch her shoulder but Nadia practically jumps up in fear. She gets on her guard and her hands glow slightly. I pull my hand away and wave my hands down.