Chapter 18: Critical

Everyone walks into the arena and waits for the next match to be announced. Mary stretches her arms up into the air and Cecilia smirks at her. “So how was your day yesterday? I didn’t see you at all.” She asks.

Mary looks at her. “Oh. I just hung out with Snake and Samus. We went paintballing and to laser tag. It was so much fun!” Mary answers.

Celeste looks at her. “You got to play laser tag with two badass soldiers? You lucky bitch!”

Celeste hits Mary in the shoulder and Mary shrugs. “What do you want from me?” Mary asks.

Bryony sighs and Eilidh smiles. “So who do you guys think will be in the next match?” She asks.

Charlie thinks for a moment. “Hmm...I’m not sure, I think just about every fighter has gone, so it could be anyone. I’m hoping I get to be in a match soon, I haven't fought since the season began.” She replies.

Cecilia smiles at her and takes Charlie's hand. “I’m sure you’ll fight again soon. And you’ll probably win.”

Charlie laughs lightly and kisses Cecilia’s forehead. The billboard buzzes to life and the announcer starts to speak. “Hello you beautiful people! How are we all today?”

Everyone cheers in responde and the announcer laughs. “That’s good to hear! I hope you're all excited to see who will be fighting in today’s match! Because I know I am! Let’s give the board a spin to see who it is!”

The board starts to cycle through people's pictures and everyone looks at it in anticipation. It stops spinning and the announcer comes to life.

“Looks like we're in for an interesting matchup today! We have the 1st Class Soldier; Cloud Strife and the Part Kid Part Squid, Agent 3! I hope you're all looking forward to this match, because I sure am! Hop on over to the stands so we can get this fabulous show on the road! As for our two wonderful contestants! Go to the waiting area and wait for this match to begin! See you all soon!”

The billboard buzzes off and Agent 8 looks at Agent 3. “You're fighting again 3! That’s amazing! I know for sure you’ll win!” She exclaims.

Agent 3 looks at her and thinks. “I sure hope so, but Cloud is very strong. He three stocked Corrin with ease.” She adds.

Agent 4 pulls Agent 3 into a bear hug, squeezing her tightly.

“You’ll do great 3! You're the strongest out of all of us!”

Agent 3 gags as Agent 4 crushes her bones. “Ok...cool...can you let go of me now?” Agent 3 asks.

Agent 4 stops hugging her and walks off to the waiting room. “See you on the battlefield! You'll do great!” Agent 8 shouts.

...

Charlie and her friends sit in the stands nearby Mario, Luigi, Link, Zelda and Tails. They all talk to each other about the upcoming match and about other stuff. Some people look their way and their eyes land on Charlie. They glare at her slightly and whisper to each other.

"What's she still doing here? Shouldn't she be brainwashing people or something?"

"I don't know. And I don't like it."

Charlie looks away in embarrassment and Mario notices. He looks at the two people and glares at them.

“What's the matter? You got a problem?” Mario asks.

The people quickly turn their heads away, get up, and walk off, in slight gulit. Charlie laughs to herself and Zelda pats her shoulder. “Don’t worry Charlie, we won’t let people talk bad about you. You're our friend.” Zelda reassures.