Chapter 11: Book Search

Charlie’s P.O.V

After everyone’s finished eating there cake, and Mary’s gotten out of that stupid costume, we say goodbye to Peach and Daisy and walk off to find the library. Celeste looks at Mary confused.

“Seriously, why were you acting like that?” Celeste asks.

Mary shrugs her shoulder. “I don’t know what you're talking about, I was acting perfectly normal.” She disagrees.

Bryony rolls her eyes. “You never act normal.” Bryony deadpans.

Eilidh giggles and Mary glares. We walk out into the city and look around for any building that could resemble a library in any way. We ask a few people and they give us directions on where to go. We walk off in a different direction and find a building with a big open book at the top of it.

“I’m gonna take a wild guess and say this is the place.” Bryony says.

Cecilia laughs and I open the doors. We all walk into the library and see nothing but shelves and shelves of books. I smile slightly and walk further in.

“So...what exactly are you looking for?” Eilidh asks me.

I turn around and look at her. “Nothing in particular, I’m just wanting to see if it has anything I like.” I answer.

Mary looks around and then at Bryony. “Do you think that they have any manga in here?” Mary asks.

Bryony sighs and shakes her head. “Seriously?”

Mary nods her head and walks off on her own. Eilidh follows her and Bryony looks at her surprised. “Really? You want to go find manga to read to?” Bryony asks.

Eilidh shrugs. “Mary was showing me a few and I thought I’d get into it some more.” She replies.

Eilidh follows Mary. Bryony sighs and looks over at Cecilia. “Want to see what boring ass books are in here?” Bryony asks.

Cecilia smirks. “Oh come on. Books aren’t that bad.” She defends.

Celeste rolls her eyes. “I disagree. I can barely read one page without falling asleep.”

Cecilia, Bryony and Celeste all walk off and I wander through the halls of books trying to find anything about this amulet or my powers. I run my hand across a line of books, looking at the titles.

“‘The Sacred Stones’... ‘Federation Forces’...'Star Force’...Ugh...none of these are gonna help me.” I sigh.

I keep my eyes on the books and bump straight into someone. Their books go flying into the air and land all over the ground, some open and others staying closed.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry!” I exclaim. I start to pick up the books and look at the person.

Byleth rubs her head and looks at me. “No, It’s ok. I shouldn’t have been carrying so many books in the first place.”

She stands up and wipes herself down. I hop to my feet and hand her the books.

“You must be a fan of reading. Given how many books you have.” I say.

Byleth smiles. “Given that I have to teach lots of different classes each day, I sometimes stumble across some books that catch my attention.”

We both laugh and I smile. “Hey...since you seem to know this place really well, do you think you could point me in the direction of spell books? I’ve been trying to learn new spells lately and thought that coming here would help me.” I ask.