21. The Next Morning

Luke's P.O.V
*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* My alarm woke me up with the beeping sound ringing through my ears. I got up and groggily rubbed my eyes. "What time is it", I said. I looked at the clock on my wall and saw that it was 9:00, were supposed to meet up at 10:00 which gave me more then enough time to get ready. I pulled my blanket off me, and sat on the side of my bed. I yawned as I walked towards my closet to pick out something to wear. I ended up going with my usual black skinny jeans, with my red flannel top.

I shuffled over to my bathroom and jumped into the shower. I finished showering and put my clothes on and looked in the mirror. "Should I put my hair into a quiff",I thought. I remember Riley saying that I'd look fine without the usual quiff. This is stepping out of my comfort zone, but let's see how it goes. I decided on no quiff today and walked out of the bathroom. It felt weird, I got use to my hair always being up that it feels weird that it's down. I just put a beany on to cover it up a bit, but I still left it down.

I glanced at the clock to see that it was already, 9:45 so I walked over to my window. I grabbed some random things I had in my room and began throwing it at Riley's window, hard enough for her to hear, but not hard enough to break the glass. After about 2 more throws, she opened her window. She stuck out her head, and I caught a glimpse of what she looked like. Her hair was put into a messy bun, like the one she had when I first met her in math class. She had her glasses on and small strands of her hair clouded her face.

"Luke",she yelled as she threw a piece of crumpled paper at my face. That definitely snapped me out of my train of thought. "What",I said laughing. "You were staring at me, I thought I had something on my face",she said chuckling. "Oh sorry about that. Do you notice anything new about me",I said quickly changing the subject. "Hmmmm new shirt",she said. "Nooooo",did she not notice my hair. "I'm just playing with you Luke. It's your hair, ITS DOWN",she said screaming a bit. "Haha yah it is. I tried it out just for you",I said smiling. "And you look great",she said.

"Hey are you almost ready",I asked. "Yeah you can come over now, the others texted me saying they're walking now",she said. "Ok cool, I'll head over there now",I said. "Okay Luke, see you here",she said shutting her window. I grabbed my shoes, putting them on while heading over to the door. "Bye guys, I'm hanging with Riley and the guys today",I said yelling throughout the house so everyone heard me.

I heard my mum respond,"Okay Luke be safe, have fun",she said in the room. I shut the door and walked over to Riley's door. Just as I was about to knock, the door swung open. "Hey Luke",said Riley giggling. "How'd you know I was here, stalker",I said laughing. "Hey, I was not stalking. I heard your door slam and assumed it was you. I just happened to open the door at the right time",she said defending herself. "Whatever you say Riley",I said. "Okay Luke. Come in and help me take out snacks",she said pulling me inside.