59. Jealous

Riley's P.O.V
I got my normal clothes on and changed from my PE uniform. I walked out looking for Ashton and Luke but I only saw Ashton? "Hey Ashton",I said walking next to him. "Hey Riley what's up",he asked. "Nothing much. Hey do you know where Luke is? He's been acting weird towards me and I wanna ask him why",I asked.

"Oh he said he had some work to do at the library? You can talk to him there if you want",He said. "Okay I'll thanks Ashton, just tell the other guys for me",I said waving to him. "Got it, see yah later Riley",he said waving back at me.

I walked down the halls looking for the library. I got lost for a bit until I found it not so far from my math class. I walked in the library and was met with a rush of cold air. It's nice in here, I might spend lunch here sometimes. I smiled at the librarian and looked around for Luke. I was standing there thinking of a way to approach him nonchalantly when I was suddenly beat to it.

It was this girl with long black hair who approached him. I think he knows her? I stood there and watched quietly. Yes I know this sounds creepy but I was just curious. He looked confused and annoyed for some reason. By time went by and she sat next to him. He eventually started blushing and she reached over to pinch his cheeks.

I felt like I was seeing something I wasn't supposed to so I left. I kinda felt bothered? Is it jealousy? I shrugged it off and went back to the cafeteria. I found our table and sat down with the other 3 other goofballs that I've grown close too. "Hey guys",I said. "Hi Riley",they all said with their mouths filled. "Did you find Luke",asked Ashton gulping down his food with some water. "Yeah but he was busy with some girl",I said looking down.

"What Luke and a girl? Since when",asked Calum. "I don't know",I said. "️Aye Luke's getting some girls",said Michael. I saw Calum nudge Michael in the ribs. "Aw are you sad",asked Ashton. "What no I am not sad nor am I jealous",I said shaking my head.

"We never asked if you were jealous",said Calum said smirking at me. "I-I know I just wanted to reassure it for you guys in case you thought something differently",I said as confident as I could. "Yeah okay whatever you say",said Calum. "It's okay to feel jealous, just like Luke feels towards you and Ben",said Michael. "When will you learn to shut up",said Calum flicking Michael. "Ow that was mean",whined Michael. "Sorry boo",said Calum hugging Michael who was pretending to ignore Calum.

"Wait Luke is jealous over Ben and I",I asked. "Heck yeah he is, isn't it obvious",said Ashton. "Apparently it wasn't since Riley didn't suspect a think",said Calum who was chuckling. "Did he tell you guys",I asked. "No he didn't need to say a word for us to know he's jealous of you two",said Michael.

I sat there wondering why he was even jealous. "Why is he jealous? Who said I even like Ben",I asked. "Well because Ben is like popular and girls practically throw themselves at him. Plus I think him and Luke don't have a great history with one another because he hates him",said Ashton. "Wait do you like him",asked Michael.

"No I don't actually, yah he's charming but I like Luke, if you guys didn't know that",I said obviously. My eyes widened and I covered my mouth. "No need to hide it Riley we knew that too",said Calum.

"How do you guys know everything",I asked confused. "Because you both are so obvious",said Ashton. "Well what should I do now? Why is he ignoring me",I asked still confused. "Well that's the only thing we don't know but knowing Luke he's pretty much an open book like you. We just haven't talked to him about that yet",said Calum biting on a French fry. "Just ask him, I'm sure he'll talk or be pressured to open up cause you make him nervous as heck but in a good way",said Michael laughing.

"I'll probably stop by his house after school",I said. "What about your project with Ben",asked Calum. And just like that with the sound of his name, Ben came by at our table. "Hey Riley wanna watch a movie after school and work on our project of course",he asked. "Um about that Ben, is it fine if I skip for today? We're almost done and I wanna hang out with Luke",I said honestly.

He looked surprised, like he's never been turned down before but agreed. "Okay then well call me when you're up for it",he said walking away looking confused. I looked back at guys and saw their surprised faces.

"What",I asked. "You just turned down Ben Winters",said Ashton. "Well we're almost done with the project anyways",I said shrugging.

"Wow Riley is turning down boys, great job in taking in my footsteps",said Michael cockily. "Wait when did you last turn down a girl? Like back in elementary school right",I asked shooting back at Michael. He secretly flipped me off which wasn't super secretive as I saw him do it. I kicked him hard in the shins earning a loud laughter coming from Ashton and Michael.

This is what I call real friendship, something I've always wanted and now I can say it's something I have.