44. Are You Serious?

Luke's P.O.V
*Bzzzzzzz Bzzzzzz* I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating on my desk, beside my bed. Since it was vibrating that told me that it was a text, not a call. I extended my arm to grab my phone and see who texted me. The light from my phone seemed to catch me off guard and blinded me even though it was already 7:45am. It was a Sunday morning with sunlight pushing through my curtains forcing its way into my dimly lit room. I saw that the text was from Riley, I didn't think she'd remember my number was in her phone. I saw that it was sent not too long before I woke up. All it said was too meet her ASAP, I'm assuming she meant at her house because, what other place does she mean.

I got up quickly pulling my black skinny jeans up my legs. I decided not too change my penguin T-shirt that I wore when I fell asleep last night. Don't judge me okay, it had penguins, it looked cool so I bought it. I walked out of my room and slipped on some thongs (flip flops, slippers, or whatever you guys call them). and walked down the hallway. I stopped by and walked in to my mum and dads room and told them that I was going out. "Be careful Luke",was all they could say in their groggy state.

I unlocked the door, stepping out into the morning light. I walked over to Riley's house and knocked on the door slightly. I heard footsteps down the hall, and the door opened up revealing a tired Riley, wearing the same things as yesterday. Jeans, her boots, and my jacket. "Hi Luke come in",she said pulling me inside. She walked me over to her room opening the door letting us in. "Riley what's wrong",I asked. "Shhhhhh, my mom is still asleep",she said as she shut her bedroom door. "What's up",I said standing awkwardly. "Go ahead and sit down Luke",she said sitting on her bed patting the seat next to her.

I sat down next to her where she wanted me too sit. "Luke I have to tell you something",she said almost as if she was nervous. I looked at her confused. "What is it",I asked. She took my hand in her hand and intertwined our fingers. It felt weird because she doesn't remember me, it's like holding hands with a stranger on her part. I brushed off the thought and just went with it. "Luke I have to tell you something",she said looking into my eyes. I jumped to conclusions and thought she was trying to break off the small build up of friendship we had going on.

"Its okay Riley, you can save your breath. If you don't want to be my friend anymore it's cool....I understand its pressuring for someone you don't really know to keep asking if your memory is back. I'm sorry if you wasted time on me. I'll get going I don't want to bother you",I said as quickly as I could running out of breath. I got up and tried to leave without looking like a baby. That's when she got up and pulled my arm back and said something that nearly knocked me down.

"Hi I'm Luke....and I like penguins and I also really like Nandos",she blurted out. I turned back at her surprised. All she could do was smile. "H-how did...w-what",I said confused. "Luke. I. Remember. It. All",she said slowly breaking down the words with small pauses. "No Riley your joking. Are you serious? Tell me Michaels favorite ice cream",he said staring at me. "We'll just like me, I know for a fact he loves sherbet",she said sticking her tongue out. "No you know what lucky guess. Name my mum, Ashton's siblings, and Calum's sister",I said testing this for the real time.

"Your moms name is Liz, she is lovely by the way from what I remember. Ashton has a younger sister named Lauren AND a younger brother named Harry. Calum has a sister named Mali and Michael has no siblings, and you on the other hand, have Ben and Jack",she said.

"RILEY YOU REMEMBER YOU REALLY DO",I said practically screaming while I picked her up in my arms and spun her around. "Luke get off me. I can't breath and I can barely touch the ground because your a giant and I'm way up here",she squeaked. At this moment we didn't really care about how loud we were being.

I let her down and engulfed her into another big bear hug. "Riley I missed you so much. I didn't think you'd remember me, or anyone again. How and when did you remember",I said wanting to hear her talk, this was the real Riley. The one I met, and the one I fell for. "I missed you too Luke, and I just remembered it all just this morning. I walked to the park alone just to think. I couldn't go back to bed and I needed a place to be alone. Out of frustration I yelled out into nothing, begging for a chance that I'd maybe remember. I closed my eyes and suddenly it all came back. Everything which means I know Michael, Calum, Ashton and you. I remember our school the hike, you guys, moving, absolutely everything",she said smiling while hugging me tightly.

"Am I the only one who knows",I asked. "Yup but don't get too cocky Lukey",she said laughing like old times. "I can't believe your back....you're here and you remember me and everything",I said still in awe. "Well when are you gonna tell everyone",I asked. "Well I'll tell my mom next because she's probably confused with all of the yelling, and maybe we can call the boys over later. But I gotta rest Luke, your welcome too stay though",she said. "Got it Ri, I'm sure they'd love to hear the news, I know they miss you too",I said as she rested her head on my shoulder, leaning on me. "Really Luke....really",she said laughing and poking at the penguin on my shirt. "Hey don't judge, I love penguins",I said acting like I was offended. "Hey you know I'm kidding Luke",she said poking my cheek, laughing again.

"I've missed you Luke",she said as she wrapped her arms contently around me.

"I've missed you so much Riley, I can't even make out any words to say how much I missed you",I said wrapping my arms around her, hugging her back.

And at that moment in time, everything felt alright again.