45. Breaking The News

Luke's P.O.V
For a while Riley and I just laughed and talked on her bed, catching up like old times. I never knew how much I've missed this, until I lost it completely and just got it back. Seeing her laughing and smiling again was enough to brighten my day, and I'm not ashamed to say that at all. I don't even know what we were talking about we were just rambling on and on about nothing really, just her being there with me was enough. We heard a knock on the door that opened up to Riley's mum.

"Hi Riley I gotta get going too work-",she stopped as she saw me "Oh hello Luke, how are you",she said waving. "I'm fine Mrs. Johnson thanks for asking",I said smiling back "Mom I gotta talk to you about something",Riley said getting up and walking out the door with her mum. She turned around quickly and smiled at me before closing the door behind them. I looked around Riley's room and spotted her guitar. I picked it up and plucking a few notes from Lego House, until Riley came in. "Hey Luke okay so I just told my mom,and she was super super happy but she had to go to work",she said plopping herself next to me.

"That's great Riley",I said putting her guitar aside. "So next is the guys, it's pretty early but I'll send them a text", I said taking out my phone and sending a group text out to the guys telling them to meet Riley and I at her house ASAP. I put my phone aside and just stared at Riley for a moment. She was sitting there on her phone with her hair messed up a bit, and he glasses on. The best part was that this was the real Riley, she was back, and I couldn't be happier. She turned her head to the side as her eyes met mine. "Why are you staring at me Luke, stop being creepy",she said laughing as she pushed me a bit.

"You can't blame me I've lost you for so long, it's still so hard to believe you're back",I said smiling. She smiled back at me and poked my face again. "Your face is so pokable Luke",she said laughing. I looked at her weirdly and we both laughed it off.

*******************************************
Riley's P.O.V
We ended up leaving my room to hang out in the living room to wait for the guys. For awhile we just sat down on the couch laughing and talking. I was laying down with my head on Luke's lap looking up at the ceiling.(Friend goals am I right😂) "Hey Riley",Luke said poking my face with his finger. I giggled and turned to face him,"Yes Luke",I said. "I have something really important to say",he said looking straight at me. "What is it",I said turning to get a better look at him. "I...am....really....hungry",he said in a serious tone. "You're so lame Luke honestly, I thought it was an emergency",I said laughing and getting up to walk to the kitchen.

I heard him get up and follow after me. He sat down in the dining chair bring back memories from our breakfast here. "Hey Luke remember when we ate here",I said laughing. He nodded remembering the memory. I turned around to grab some cereal. "And when you threw water at me",I said turning around at him. "What?! Oh Riley, your memories must be messed up",he said laughing. "Oh really. Yah okay blame it on my memories",I said chuckling. I glanced at the clock which showed me that it was already 10:00am. I grabbed us two bowls and poured us some cereal. "Milk",I asked hovering the carton over his bowl. "Who doesn't eat cereal with milk",he said laughing at me.

"You are so mean too me you know that",I said pouting and trying to walk away. "I'm joking Ri, you know I love you",he said getting up to hug me from behind. "Get away from me! Who do you think you are",I said trying to act serious but suddenly bursting out in a fit of laughter. I pushed him off me threatening him with the milk carton in my hand. "I will pour milk on you if I have too. You don't want a repeat of the water fight, except with milk this time now do you",I asked threatening him. He put his hands up stepping back,"Sorry, I'll stop now",he said stepping back.

Suddenly the doorbell rang, which meant the boys were here. "I got it",I said as I walked towards the door. I opened the door to show 3 tall teenagers eagerly standing there. "O-oh hi Riley",said Michael surprised even though this was my house. "Hey guys come in", I said opening the door wider. They stepped in and I led them to sit on the couch where Luke moved occupying one side of the couch. "Sup Luke",said Michael waving too Luke. "Hey guys",Luke said waving to them. "So why'd you call us here Luke",asked Calum. "Yah I was sleeping too",whined Ashton. "Trust me, you want to hear this",Luke said reassuring them all.

I walked over to the front where they could all see me. At this point their eyes were on me, even Ashtons tired, sleepy eyes I looked over to Luke and he nodded as if a signal to finally tell them.

"Guys.....I wanted to tell you all that I'm back. And by back I mean I remember everything. You guys, my life, everything",I said as I waited for their reactions. Lets just say Ashton wasn't so sleepy looking anymore.