4

Warning: Mentions of suicide.

My flat is trashed, from torn-down curtains to overturned sofas. And from the inside, I hear someone curse. 

It's like I'm watching it from someone else's eyes, from a different perspective. I unplug the lamp, holding it in my hand as I approach my bedroom quietly. 

The adrenaline has me working. 

I freeze, not because of fear, but because it is my own voice that I hear. It's my own voice that gives a frustrated yell. I push open the door, ready to swing. 

The lamp falls with a thud as I stand in shock. It is me

I am seeing myself right in front of me, wrecking my room. The figure isn't solid, a little translucent. 

It must be a vision. There's no other way to put it. 

I watch my own projection throw a box of oil pastels, scattering the colorful sticks on the stained white carpet. I'm frozen at the doorway, watching her come to an abrupt pause. 

She's not even breathing as her eyes go wide, crystalline tears beginning to pour down her cheeks as she stares at the bed. 

I can hardly hear the words she says next.

"Why would you do this to me?" 

Then she disappears like she never existed. If that really is something that will happen in the future, I don't feel so good about it. 

Who hurt me that way? 

The room is back to normal, everything in the place I had left it at. I go outside to see that the living room is clean as well. 

I really did have a vision just now. 

But it's nothing useful to those vampires. I groan as I trudge back to the room. The next two days drift peacefully. 

But Sunday starts on a sour note. I have to go grocery shopping before Jimin arrives, so I exit my house at nine in the morning to get it done. 

When I walk down the stairs, my neighbor Vera is coming up. She stops when she reaches me. 

"So..." she starts. 

Her fingers tap on the railing, sweat lining her forehead. She's in a pair of matching cherry red track shorts and a crop top, probably back from a morning jog. 

"So?" I question with a puzzled frown. 

I swallow nervously as she moves to stand on the same step as me. Something about the way she grins doesn't sit well with me. 

It falters when she hears a pair of footsteps come up the stairs. She frowns when she sees a silver head below. 

"It's one of your boy toys," she hisses before continuing to move up. 

I don't even bother to give her a reply. She doesn't deserve one with the way she spoke to me. The man comes to a stop before me, his silver hair shining softly. 

"Hey, boy toy number five at your service," he winks, "Park Jimin."

He heard that from where he was. 

"I'm sorry about that-"

"No, we should be sorry. I suppose we should choose a different meeting spot if people are going to talk bad about you," he says. 

His voice is as soft as he looks. His violet eyes are gentle when he looks at me. I feel more at ease with him than I ever did with the others. 

His plump lips pull into a smile as he extends a hand. 

"Shall we go?"

"Ah, I was supposed to do grocery shopping," I mutter once he straightens up. 

"Grocery shopping it is. It's been a while since I did that."

Oddly, he sounds excited about it. I follow him down the stairs, letting him lead me into the nearest store I usually buy at. 

I throw in whatever I need while he helps. His cheerfulness is invigorating, letting me push past the events of the morning. 

I was supposed to tell him something, but it seems to have slipped my mind. 

"I had a vision," I remember as I throw a random box of cereal into my trolley. 

He goes still with a tangerine in his hand. His eyes are murkier, leaning towards a muddy red when he looks up. It's gone before I can discern the exact color. 

"A vision of what?" he whispers.

"It's nothing important, to any of you, at least," I shrug. 

But it still disheartens me. I've never seen myself that unhinged before. He reads my expression, coming closer. I don't feel as threatened with him as I am with others. 

But I do keep in mind that he is a vampire. 

I watch his ears perk up and his face contort as if he's concentrating. Then he places a hand on my shoulder. I know what's coming.

When I blink, we're no longer at the supermarket.  

We're at a cliff now. Although we stand a little away from the edge, I can hear the waves crashing below. 

"Give me your pinky," he says. 

Confused, I extend it towards him. He locks his own little finger around mine. I watch as a violet orb encompasses our hands. 

I can feel the warmth hit my face, even as the light fades away. When I look up, Jimin's face is illuminated in the wonderful shade of violet, making him look fluffier than he is. 

"We're linked now. I can feel what you feel," he says, letting go of my hand, "About that vision..."

I can tell he's trying to sort through my emotions. 

"Tell me about it," Jimin says, smoothing out my hair, "Tell me what you saw."

"It doesn't concern you, though."

"And? Am I not allowed to care about you?" he asks. 

I am just a seer to him. I have to remember my place. It's been such a long time since anyone has ever cared for me that I will start to trust whatever anyone says. 

I narrate what I saw anyway, just because he asked, not because I believed he truly cared. 

"That sounds bad," he sympathizes. 

I don't really have time to protest as he pulls me into a hug. I forgot what it feels like. It's just out of pity, I remind myself. I wrap my arms around his small waist, letting him squeeze me in his embrace. 

Facing the edge of the cliff, my eyes widen as I have another vision. 

Standing at the very precipice, I turn around to face away from the edge. I smile faintly before extending my arms. 

"You know, all I've ever wanted to do is fly," I say. 

"Y/N, please," Hoseok pleads. 

He doesn't move, almost like a statue in the fear I'll do something I shouldn't. I look up at the sky, aware of his timid step. 

He can't seem to teleport at the moment. 

"I'll only cause you more trouble."

"Y/N-"

"I can see, Hoseok. I see chaos and despair and pain. And it's all because of me."

"Y/N!"

What he fears happens next. 

I tilt back, letting myself fall into the tumultuous water.