34

I stare up at him with wide eyes, aching muscles forgotten. I kissed two guys in one chapter?! Sweet. 

But that's about as much action as I get the whole week because Yoongi thinks it's a good idea to rotate shifts for babysitting me. 

"It's not babysitting, Y/N," Namjoon tries to convince me. 

It's now him, Hoseok, and Yoongi while the rest are at the mansion. I'm not as familiar with the three, so it's kind of awkward most of the time. Especially with Min Yoongi around. The others visit from time to time, but it seems like they're busy with something and always have to leave soon.

"Hmm, sure," I nod.

I barely pay attention to him as I whisk the milk into the pan. He stays quiet but doesn't leave the kitchen as if watching me make milk pudding is so very fascinating.

"It's burnt," he notes.

"No, it's not."

I sniff, tilting the pan a little. A bubble pops in the thick liquid, revealing the burnt mess beneath, and I almost gag as the putrid scent hits my nose. 

"Ew," I wince, immediately lifting the pan from the fire. 

As Namjoon and I sorrowfully watch the pan cool, Yoongi enters. 

"You could just ask me if you wanted milk pudding, you know?" he says, "It smells rancid in here. Ugh."

I don't bother to give him a reply, a slow pout forming on my lips as I wipe down the countertop. Yoongi's face pops into my vision, and I blink as he cranes his neck to force his handsome face into view. 

"Are you mad at me?" he smirks, "Because I can cook better than you?"

"How do you know how to cook, anyway?" I ask him. 

"I learned how to. After you left."

It's hard to see him and remember he stole someone's soul. He has a deadly power at the tips of his fingers, a weapon he can wield at any time. But all I can see is a moron with a stupidly soft kitten grin who thought playing with my feelings would be a genius plan. 

I purse my lips to hide a grin. 

"What? Why are you laughing?" he asks. 

His tone is light, a little playful as his face moves closer to mine. I push against his cheek, effectively squishing it and trying not to swoon as he looks so damn adorable.

"You're just a moron," I giggle. 

Namjoon laughs, a quick, husky sound of surprise and amusement. 

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. You're an idiot."

Yoongi's lips twitch into a small smile, but he flicks my cheek as I formulate a plan to throw out the mess of milk and cornflour. 

"I'll make a better dessert for you. Now, go," he lightly shoves me towards the kitchen entrance.

I point towards the pan. 

"Namjoon will handle that," he quips.

Namjoon turns to Yoongi, utterly betrayed. 

"You know, it's fine. I'll take care of my own mess," I reply. 

"It smells like hell in here, and I've only been there once."

All of us turn to look at Hoseok, who stands at the entrance to the kitchen. 

"Hell exists? You've been there?" I ask him. 

"Yup, once," he replies, "It's hot down there, but it's super pretty. Prettier than heaven."