8

"You don't even know who I am. Pathetic, huh? This is how you'll die."

He leaves Taehyung after removing the cuffs that bound his hands, walking away into the overgrown wild shrubs. Taehyung pulls himself up, tears staining the fabric over his eyes. 

It seems like a long time, almost near dawn, when Yoongi teleports in the place. Panic is evident on his face as he sees his friend. 

He runs to Taehyung, tears visible in his eyes as he sees his sorry state. 

"Shit, Tae. Come on, hold onto me."

He throws Taehyung's arm over his shoulder and they disappear just as the sun rises. 

I come back to the present, falling to the floor. I'm tired beyond belief, barely able to open my eyes as I attempt to bring myself back to consciousness. 

"Y/N," Jimin says. 

I can feel him holding me up, trying to keep me up from falling face-first onto the floor. My eyes roll beneath my eyelids which I can't seem to open. 

I feel a mattress below me. I'm guessing he teleported me back home. I try to open my mouth to say something, but I can hardly move my lips.

"Shh. Sleep Y/N. I'll be here when you wake up."

He must sense my fear. But it's not me I'm scared for. It's for Taehyung. Although he hadn't been the nicest to me, it was horrifying to see him that vulnerable. 

"What happened?" I hear his deep voice say. 

I relax against my will, the adrenaline I had been running on subsiding to exhaustion. 

"Don't go," is all I can muster before I slip. 

I wake up to the familiar ceiling of my bedroom. When I get up, it's still light out, thankfully. It's six in the evening. 

I roll out of bed, surprised that I fall into a heap on the floor. My legs aren't working. Embarrassingly enough, Jimin comes into my room in a second to see me helpless. 

"What happened?" he asks. 

"Ugh, I just-" I flail under the covers that fell over me. 

He laughs, helping me up to sit on the bed. My bedroom door opens again, revealing Taehyung with messy hair. 

"You could have told me you were tired," Jimin chides, "But I guess I should have kept the link open."

"What did you see?" Taehyung asks. 

"You. I think you were kidnapped there. But how is that even possible?" I ask. 

"First tell me whether he was handcuffed. If he was, what did the cuffs look like?" Jimin asks. 

"Yeah, he was handcuffed. They looked like they were made of stone or something. They shimmered in white a little."

"Moonstone," Jimin grits his teeth before looking right into my eyes, "Who was there? Did he say anything? What did he look like?"

Initially, I'm perplexed. These vampires were able to hunt me down even when I was hiding my powers. Couldn't they find out who this unknown man is? 

If that's the case, they should be able to find Helen too. 

Jimin senses my confusion. 

"The kidnapper is a smart bastard. He used Lily of the valley on Taehyung. It's poisonous to humans but has drug-like effects on vampires. It's even capable of messing up our memories. Taehyung couldn't even remember the voice when he woke up that day, but he knows it's male.

"And Lily of the valley has a scent that deters a vampire's ability to pick up scents. Unfortunately, Yoongi couldn't detect any scent other than Taehyung's when he found him that day."

I try my best to recall the features of the kidnapper. 

"Umm, he had black hair, really short, a bit stout, probably around forty years old in appearance. He had a handlebar mustache and there was a tattoo on the back of his hand. It was a... "

I try to remember that one detail. 

"An anchor," Jimin whispers, "It's a tattoo of an anchor, isn't it?"

"Yeah. You know him?"

"He was the seer before you," Taehyung replies. 

"I can't believe a human got the best of us."

I think it's safe to say I have no idea what is going on. 

"I'm ripping him to shreds," Jimin snarls. 

His eyes flash a vibrant red as he stands up. 

"No, wait. James is smarter than we give him credit for," Taehyung reasons, "We can't just go barging into that lame store of his."

It's an inappropriate time, but I snort at the name. Mortified, I shrink as Jimin's glare redirects to me.

"Sorry," I squeak, "That's the name of my ex-boyfriend." 

Jimin loosens up, shoulders slacking. 

"You're an idiot, you know?" Taehyung crosses his arms. 

I thought he was referring to me, but it's his friend.

"What? Why?"

"You really revealed our deepest secrets to our new seer when the previous one went and did that."

"She's not him. James didn't even want to link with me. He kept degrading vampires at every chance he got. He was downright disgusted with us. Y/N, on the other hand..."

Jimin's glance towards me is hesitant. 

"Wait here, okay? Don't come out until I give you the green signal," he says, quickly dragging out Taehyung. 

I don't think I'm meant to hear their conversation, but I can hear their hushed whispers anyway. They must have forgotten the volume from which humans can hear. 

"Tae, she was worried for you. Didn't you see that?"

"Yeah, right. For me."

"Listen. Remember when she told us not to go? It was directed to you. I could tell she was scared, but it was for you."

It's quiet for a few solid minutes.  

"We may have underestimated James, but we shouldn't overestimate Y/N either. She wouldn't do anything to hurt us."

"You trust her too much."

"You trust her too less."

"Fine. I'll put my faith in her. But if she tries anything, I'm not even giving her the chance to run for her life."

"Whatever you say."

Both of them enter while I pretend to look out of the window. My eyebrows furrow as I see Vera laughing below, holding hands with a girl. 

I close the curtains, remembering that I have to knock some sense into her. She has to let go of me. 

Beyond the anger, I hate the pang of envy that strikes my chest.