41

It's strange how much pure joy it gives me. I'm laughing like I never have before and Jungkook watches with an ecstatic grin. It's alright. Things are okay. And I wish they only get better.

I am not sure about Cynthia's intentions. She comes and goes like she owns this place. 

"Why don't you try talking to it about your dad?" Jungkook suggests. 

"Nah," I shake my head, "Just because we're on okay terms doesn't mean he's going to believe me."

"True," he nods. 

I throw my legs on his lap and he startles for a second. When he turns to look at me, I give him an innocent smile and he just laughs, grabbing the side of my thigh. His skin is slightly warmer than mine and I don't expect him to actually pull me right onto his lap. 

"If my parents come in, we're dead," I tell him.

Moonlight streams through the window. I'm forced to be silent. 

"We're not children," he reasons, "The door's locked."

"Mm-hmm. Sure. You're my boyfriend's brother," I mutter. 

"Sure," he repeats, "That's all I am."

He tightens his grip around my waist, flopping back onto the bed. I shift to straddle him, trying to hold back the fact that I'm a tiny bit nervous. Everything is new and strange. Jungkook is solid beneath me, and I can't help but brush the back of my hand against his cheek. 

He shuts his eyes briefly, leaning into my touch before grabbing my hand and pulling it above his head, pressing it into the soft fabric of the bed. I lose my balance, crashing into him. He reaches up, landing a soft peck near the corner of my mouth. 

Bait. I take it, kissing him before he can make sense of it. 

Hours pass, and I don't know how, or when, I fall asleep. It's impossible, right? But I had a power, and I'm surprised I still have it. I walk through damp hallways lined by creaky iron gates. In each of them, I hear strange noises, each a wail that begs for escape. It's too dark to really see anything inside them, but I can feel things move. I wander listlessly, having no idea whose mind I've just entered. 

"Y/N," I hear. 

I pause, turning around. My blood runs cold as I see the fallen angel whom I can't help but fear. 

"Jordan," I call out. 

The name echoes in the hallway. He's standing far from me, but I can make out that sinister smirk from miles away. I gasp, jolting awake in Jungkook's arms. He sighs in relief, but I'm far from relieved. He strokes the hair out of my face, kissing my forehead gently. 

"Jungkook," I whisper. 

"Where did you go?" he asks, knowing I had dream-walked. 

"It's Jordan."

He pauses, pulling me up so I can hide my face in his neck. 

"Jungkook, he knows now. He knows I'm different."

I remember the other times I've dream-walked. The other person always knew I was there. I don't know why I couldn't delve deeper into Jordan's mind, but I'm glad I couldn't. The last thing I want is to know even a little more about him. 

"Y/N, the thing is..." Jungkook hesitates. 

I move back, looking at his hesitant face. 

"What?"

"He already knows. Yoongi caught him. We've kept him restrained with us."

My mind reels back from the information. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask. 

I untangle from his arms, looking at the time. It's 4:00 a.m. I have to keep my voice down to not wake up my parents. That's not a problem. The problem is that I was never told what they were doing. I know exactly what reason Jungkook is going to tell me. 

"Y/N, you'd just transformed. You're unstable right now. You weren't ready to handle that kind of information."

"You can't decide that."

"I could," he protests, "We know how confusing everything is as soon as you turn, and you were stressed out as it is. We planned to tell you once this week is over."

I try to think, and I think he's right. I'm still a little annoyed, but I can be rational. 

"Anything else you have to tell me?" I ask. 

He shifts on the bed, running his hands through his hair. 

"Not really."

"Not really?" I repeat, crossing my arms. 

"There's nothing," he answers. 

"Sure."

I turn my back to him, fidgeting with a drawer on my dressing table.

"Are we fighting over this, Y/N?" he asks. 

I turn my head to look at him for a second. He places his elbows on his knees and cups his cheek, watching me intently. I shrug. 

"Come on. Don't be upset."

"How is Levi?" I ask, having no idea how he'll react. 

I'm not sure whether he's still in love with Yoongi. If he is, it must be tormenting him. 

"He's with the boys, not even trying to get Jordan back."

"Where is everyone, exactly? I didn't sense Jordan in the mansion when I was there."

"We kept him as far away from you as possible."

"Another country?" I guess.

"Yup," he replies. 

It's quiet for a few seconds. I can stay mad at him and keep expecting him to understand what I want without ever explaining. The same thing will happen again and again and I know I'll grow frustrated. Maybe a younger me would have done that, but I've long understood that I'm no main character. 

If someone doesn't know what you want, you have to tell them. If you keep waiting 

"I'm not mad that you captured Jordan. I'm not going to stop whatever you guys are doing. I'm not asking for authority over everything you do. I just want to know what's going on. It's fine to keep secrets amongst you, but not when it concerns me. Not when you're doing it thinking it will protect me. It won't."

"Okay. I'll keep that in mind."

It's that simple. I can only hope they don't repeat this. I guess it's a learning curve for both of us. The seven of them are so used to each other and they hardly ever communicate. It must be hard to rely on anyone outside their coven. 

As for me, I'd never trusted anyone after Vera. I'm still unsure whether it's fine to put my trust in them. Trust has always been a gamble and I'll be putting a lot on the line. But it's also a two-way street. I can't expect them to trust me when I don't trust them. 

"Don't let me down, okay?" I ask. 

I'm not sure whether he hears the raw vulnerability in my voice. He must have since he merely smiles somberly at me. 

"We won't."