29

Warning: Mentions of suicide

"If I'm not mistaken, you must be Y/N," he says, sounding very friendly, "I'm Levi."

As far as I know, he only wants peace, so he shouldn't hurt me. I'm only relying on wisps of what I heard about Levi when I shake his hand. It could be Shaun pretending to be Levi, for all I know. 

"You're Jordan's brother?" I ask. 

"Yes," he lowers his voice, "Can we talk elsewhere?"

I nod, but I take him somewhere with much more people. The cafe on the first floor is teeming, with barely enough space to sit. It's better that way, as no one would be paying attention to us. 

"You're smarter than I thought you would be," he nods. 

"I'm going to take that as an insult," I raise an eyebrow. 

"Ah, sorry. It's just that Bangtan doesn't seem to be the type to be attracted to smart women. They always go for the naive ones."

"Well, that's who I used to be, and I doubt Bangtan is interested in me."

Except for Taehyung, but he doesn't need to know that. 

"That's what you think."

He patiently waits while I order a green apple lemonade. 

"So, why did you decide to meet me? I'm pretty sure it's not to talk about the coven's love life," I say. 

"I wanted to apologize on my brother's behalf. I know nothing I say can justify his behavior, but maybe you have the time to listen?"

I check my watch, deciding I have thirty minutes. I nod at him. 

"When Jordan fell, we were torn. He was supposed to be happy to be with his soulmate. I wish you were there then. The Yoongi I saw is not the person you see now. He had such hopeful, beautiful eyes," he smiles softly, "I've never met anyone as down-to-earth as him. And having lived a thousand years, that's saying a lot. Yoongi was everything a person would look for in a soulmate."

I gulp as a vision attacks me. And I use the word attack because I've never been hit as violently by a vision as this one before. I hope Jimin's turned off our link like I asked him to. 

"Yoongi," Levi sighs, crystalline tears pouring down his cheeks, "If only things had been different."

He clutches at his chest, a sob ripping from his throat as he tries to find his soul. The soul Yoongi had stolen. 

"You-" I gasp, squeezing the cup of lemonade so tight, it starts to overflow, "You're in love with Yoongi."

"You're quick," he chuckles bitterly, "I used to be in love with him, youngling." 

Why must everything be so complicated? It's like I'm standing in the middle of a battlefield with no weapon to defend myself. 

"That's all in the past," he waves it off, "But I can't deny the fact that I care about him. That's why I have a favor to ask of you."

"You," I gesture to him, "A fallen angel, are asking me for help?"

"You're not just a seer, you know that right?" he asks. 

I give him a quizzical frown. 

"I forget that only angels can sense others' supernatural powers. While you are a seer, you are also what they call a dreamwalker. A person who can traverse another person's dreams. Much like Yoongi himself, but your power is stronger than that. You can make the undead fall asleep, you can return their memories and give them peace. Only if you wish to, of course. If you choose to, you can be their worst nightmare."

"You're lying," I say, feebly. 

"You can test it on someone," he shrugs, "And about the favor. There are certain times when Yoongi... struggles with himself. Even if I've forgiven him for stealing my soul, I don't believe he ever forgave himself. There are days when he..." he gulps, "When he tries to disappear."

"Disappear?" I ask, voice barely above a whisper, "Is that even possible?"

"There are ways to kill vampires, Y/N. And enough ways to apply it to oneself. I wanted to say that I can see Yoongi falling deeper into the hole he dug for himself. Bringing him out is something only he can do himself, but I'm pretty sure a little help will go a long way."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Read his dreams. You will know what to do when you reach them."

I groan, leaning back in my seat. 

"Will it kill you guys to not be so damn cryptic all the time?" 

He giggles in response, "Sorry. I don't know much about dreamwalking myself."

"Do you at least know how to reach his dreams?" I ask. 

"It should be simple. You have to fall asleep first, then try to find his subconscious presence. It would be easier with him, as your powers are very similar. If you don't find him, he should be able to find you."

I sigh, checking my watch again.

"I have to get going," I say. 

"Okay. Take care, Y/N."

"I will."

I throw away my empty lemonade cup before catching a bus. For once, I'm at peace after a long time. Surrounded by the mundane chatter of students going to school or college and adults going to work, it doesn't seem like anything in my life has changed. 

With a smile, I watch buildings and trees blur past. I used to hate this train ride, but now I love it. I can appreciate normalcy. When I get off at my stop, I quickly make my way to the studio. Seoyeon is the first to catch my eyes. 

She pulls me into a bone-crushing hug that has me patting her back to let me go. 

"How are you?" she asks, "You just texted us you got into an accident and disappeared on us."

"Sorry," I laugh, "It's just my hand. A car drove over it."

"Yikes," she winces. 

She examines my fingers, right as Eric finds us.

"Oh, that looks bad. I hope you're better now," he says. 

"Good enough to play the violin again."

Seoyeon goes to take her place, and as I leave to take mine, I feel a tug on my sleeve that makes me turn around. Eric clears his throat, looking down at his shoes. 

"You look cute," he mumbles. 

"Oh, um," I stutter, "Thank you."

Things would have been so, so easy if I had just fallen for him instead. But life never works the way you want it to.