12

He stalks out of the room angrily. By any chance, is he bipolar?

 A week passes. I have a cultural event coming up at college, so I'm practicing a piece on the violin. As a part of the orchestra, I am honored to be given a solo piece, as the opportunity is not given to anyone. 

It's hard to concentrate, though. I have a lot of thoughts in my mind. I sit on the floor, reading a text message I just got. 

It's from Vera, along with a few more messages I got this week. Me of the past would have replied. Currently, I'm trying my best to move on, and being away from her presence has helped me a lot. 

Vera:
Hey, I can't see you around anymore. Where are you?

I mean, you don't have to tell me where you are, but at least tell me you're fine.

Are you okay? Say something. 

Did you get kidnapped?

You're freaking me out. Should I call the police?

Me:
No, don't call the police. I'm fine. Stop worrying about me. You have no right to. 

My head starts to hurt as I send the last message. As I close my eyes, I get a vision. 

I scream, trying to kick at the unknown man grabbing my ankle. The lights in the apartment go off and I sob, kicking and yelling to try and get the man off. 

"Why do you keep running?" he whispers. 

His hand grips my throat, and I choke, repeatedly hitting his shoulder to let me go. He's unfazed, the side of his face illuminated by the faint moonlight. I have no idea who he is or why he's here. 

"You know we will find you, no matter what."

He roughly shoves me back and I groan as the back of my head hits the table behind me. My vision blurs out, and I can barely see anything. 

When I open my eyes again, I am in the empty bedroom again. My hands are trembling. Who was that? When was that going to happen? Is that how I'm going to die? If Jimin were at home, he would be here by now, but he's out so all I can do is try to pull myself together. 

But I can't seem to. I can still feel the pain in the back of my head, I can still taste my own blood on my tongue. The doors open and I find Hoseok entering. 

"What's wrong?" he asks. 

"I-I-"

I look down at my hands, clenching them to stop them from shaking so much. 

"Did you see something?" he asks. 

He sits next to me, offering me a bottle of water. I deny it, trying to calm down. It's like my nerves are trying to dissolve and disintegrate into my bloodstream. I feel so weak, and scared. I really don't want that future. 

"I don't want to talk about it," I tell Hoseok. 

"It's not about Helen, right?" he asks. 

Of course. That's the only reason he cared so much. Because it might be his own lost mate. 

"It's not. Will you please leave me alone?" 

I'm so done being nice. 

"You have a backstory fit to be a villain. Why are you playing the good guy?"

Those words were said to me by a girl I blabbered my entire life story to when I was drunk. I don't remember her face or name, but I can recall this one sentence. Hoseok hesitates for a few seconds but leaves me alone. 

I cover my face and cry quietly. It's like my soul is trying to writhe its way out of my body. I'm dying on the inside, rotting day by day. What am I living for? Where am I going? What is going on?

I don't know. 

I'm in a mansion with seven vampires because my life is in danger, I've been disowned by my parents, the only person who loved me left but wants me back again and always ends up hurting me, and I have a goddamn mission to find a missing vampire lady. 

Maybe I'm just the dirt under fate's shoes. 

What more does life want from me? I never asked for clairvoyant powers. It's caused me more trouble than I'm worth. I wish these vampires never found me. If they hadn't, the bracelet would have eventually killed me. 

As if I can't break down anymore, another vision takes place. 

The room comes to life. There's a grand piano in the corner of the room, and paintings on the walls. I can't see anything clearly through blurry tears. There's a woman in a pink satin dress. 

Helen. 

She's in Taehyung's arms, who smiles down at her so gently, so softly. It's not like the person I met at all. He laughs as she stumbles, falling into his chest. Jin is at the piano, not even playing actual music and hitting random keys whenever he feels like it. 

"Shut up. You know I'm not good in heels or dresses," Helen pouts. 

"I know. That's why we made you wear one," Taehyung giggles. 

He freaking giggles. It's a warm memory, but at the moment, I'm too cold to accept it. The sunlight catches the necklace around her neck. 

It's a silver two-tier necklace, with the sun hanging on the chain closest to her neck, and a crescent moon hanging on the other. Small stones dangle along the length of the chain. 

"Helen, we love you."

The vision fades away, taking with it whatever emotions I had left.