Episode 21

Katsuki's P.O.V

At some point Todoroki and Kaminari ended up in front of me and leading me to the cafeteria. All three of us ended up sitting with the Idiots I call my friends at a table.

"Hey guys!" Mina shouted.

"Wow, bakugo doesn't look best impressed, watcha do? Drag him here?" Sero asked while laughing.

"No, I think that's just his resting face." Icyhot said and glanced at me while saying it.

I just turned my head away and ignored them. Truth is, I did want to be there. But my stupid ass pride wouldn't let me show that.

"So, Bakubro, what ya want to eat?" Kaminari asked me.

"What? Nothing." I turned back to look at him.

"C'mon! You said you would"

"It's funny how you think I tell you the truth all the time." I said back.

"Right, I'll get you a gyudon beef bowl."

"Oi! Didn't you hear I don't want anything?"

"Oh, I heard you loud and clear, but that doesn't mean I'm going to listen to you." After he said that he scurried away, which was a good idea cause now I was angry with him.

"I'll go with Kaminari." Icyhot said and got up then left

"Sooo... anything happening with you and Todoroki yet?" Mina asked

"What kinda things are you on about Pinky?"

"Yknow, relationship things? Looove things?" She emphasised the 'o' in love.

"What!? Of course not! Why the hell would you think that, you pleb!"

"Great! So he's still up for grabs!" She said and did a little jump. I stared at which probably came of a death one, so she said,

"I'm just kidding! Jeez, don't get your knickers in a twist!" She must think she's so fucking hilarious.

"Yeah, great joke, moron."

"Oh come on, you found Todoroki's joke funny, the one that made him sit over here before. The one about his mother."

"That's cause it was dark humour"

"Well, I thought I was funny."

I shook my head at her while she started a conversation with Sero and Kirishima started talking to me.

"So bro! Whatcha doin after school? The squad and probably Todoroki is going to the cinema, bowling and possibly the arcade. Fancy coming?"

I would, but I know I would get in so much trouble for not going home or sneaking out.

Actually, yes. I want to go. I'm so sick of not being able to see my friends all because of a stupid, immoral, horrible excuse for a mother. The amount of times I've had to turn down these people who actually bother to invite me to hang out with them all because of her.

...but what if they're happy I say no?

What if they like that I can never come?

That I always turn them down?

What if, as soon as I'm gone, they celebrate that they were able to get away with inviting me so they seem like good friends, but I say no so then they're happy?

...But what if I trust them?

What if everything I just said was wrong?

What if they're upset I can never hang out with them?