21.You're Worth It

Janelle POV

I grab the plates from the table and put them in the kitchen sink, when I walk back out I see Khalil pulling a seat out for Wo Man, I shrug and continue to make my sweep, that is until I make it back to the bar.

Philky:You missed a table.

I mug him and he shakes his head.

Philky:Don't be like that.

Me:You're lucky you're the boss.

He winks at me and I walk to them, Wo smiles at me and I smile back.

Me:Hey Wo how you been?

Wo:I've been good, you? Khalil told me about your trip.

Me:Yeah, it was good to see my peoples again. But what can I get yall?

Wo:Vodka tonic.

Khalil:Just some bourbon.

I nod and turn walking to the bar telling Philk.

Philky:What are they talking about?

Me:I don't know, but if I know Khalil like I know I do, I'd say he's moving in on your girl.

He jerks his head back and chuckles.

Philky:Wo is not my girl, we're just friends. Literally, that's all.

Me:Hm..

I turn my head and see them smiling and talking, I see Khalil look over at me his eyes holding nothing but dark mischief. Great now I gotta deal with him being a loud jack ass.

Me:Why did I let you talk me into being a bar tender and a waiter?

Philky:Because you love to be occupied. And I know you barely sleep so what's better than a bar?

Me:I'mma need that pay then, sir.

He passes the man his beer before looking at me, I scoff and fold my arms.

Philky:We'll see about you keeping your tips. Order up.

I flip him off as I grab the two drinks.

Me:Yo are too slow to be a bartender, you know that?

Philky:They're fast when I need em to be.

I laugh walking away from him. I place their drinks down.

Me:I'm sure you know where to pay at, lemme know if you need anything though.

They nod and I walk behind the bar to help, the music slowly getting louder as more people dance, I see a woman with bright red lip stick sit down in front of me, I smile and nod.

Me:How can I help you?

Woman:Manhattan please.

Me:You got it.

I turn to make the drink and as I do Philky comes next to me.

Philky:Who is that?

Me:Dunno, but she seems to be in the wrong place.

Philky:Three guys just came in, dressed like body guards. They're all facing her.

I nod and continue to make her drink once I finish I see her staring at me.

Me:I love that color on you, that must be expensive.