23.When The Past And The Future Collide

Janelle POV

We walk into the medium sized bar Maggie leading us to the back, she shows some guys in front of some double doors it and they open the door asking for 30 dollars for admission, we pay and head in. I feel the surge of energy of the people below us as we walk down the stairs. I feel my hands start to shake, I'm not the one fighting, I'm not fighting, I shouldn't even be here I know how it felt to be screamed like some animal in a cage, after I learned that it wasn't cheering for me genuinely.

The smell hits me, do all these places smell the same? We find a table on the second floor over seeing the cage, they must force people to fight. Most street fights are done in a cleared area for the fighters, or the crowds must be rowdy.

Lucas:I'm going to get drinks, yall want something?

They all get something but right now I don't think I can hold anything down if I swallow it.

TC:What's that smell?

Me:Blood and excitement.

Khalil:Excitement has a smell?

I look over at him before nodding.

Me:Do you feel your blood pumping faster?

Chloe:Yes.

Me:That feeling in the middle of your nose? That's what excitement smells like.

TC:I don't like it.

Chloe:Me either.

Me:I'm used to honestly.

Donald:Would you go back to fighting?

I shrug.

Me:I'm not sure. But I'm in no rush. Would you guys?

Chloe:I can't even walk straight you think I'm about to fight? Girl bye.

We laugh.

Maggie:I'm good, I'm Martin Luther King.

Me:I hate both of you. Seriously.

TC:I'm made for computers not athletic sports.

Lucas:Aye guess who I found!

We all turn and as soon as I do my whole body freezes, Dante and Lala walk behind him, I feel someone touch me but I can't stop staring at the two, Dante's glare strong, Lala's grin just as wicked.

(Wattpad deleted the whole fight she and Dante had, if you read this before that then you'll know but if not he tried to kill her when she went to the store, she beat him up and she melted half of his face and he disappeared from the Valley)

Jennifer:*whispering* That's Lala.

Me:Act normal.

She grips my hand and I slowly exhale, they bring chairs up, Lala sits near me and Jennifer I pull her closer to me and the others greet Dante.

Lucas:This is Lala, he is Dante's cousin. He's showing him a good time.

Donald:Nice to meet you man.

Lala:Like wise nice to meet all of you. How are you Janelle?

I continue to face forward ignoring him.

Maggie:Excuse her, she's not really friendly.

Lala:Me and her go way back.

Dante:Yeah, she used to fight in his underground fight club.