12.How Much Fire Is Enough?

Janelle POV

I shake my head and pull the sheet from under his hand.

Me:You find X first then you find Y you can't combine them. They are two different things.

Khalil:Wait what? I thought you said once you find it you combine them.

Me:No, you combine them afterwards and you don't combine them like that, you either add or subtract them once you get there.

Khalil:Why do I have to do all that?

Me:I don't know! My dad gave me some reason but I forgot it but I know this is how it goes I remember the pattern.

Khalil:You don't know what you're doing Nelle. Don't be wasting our time, man.

Me:I'm not! And we can't be wasting too much time because you still ain't get it.

Khalil:Whatever.

Me:Exactly always talking mess.

I stand up and stretch as he clears our books away, I check my phone before looking at Khalil.

Me:Want something from Gizmos?

Khalil:We just ate Nell.

Me:I'm still hungry.

Khalil:I'll go with you.

Me:Khalil, it's only down the block I'll be fine.

Khalil:Hhmh, you know you can't lie right? Well to me that is.

Me:What are you going on about Khalil?

Khalil:You still have part of your Philly cheese steak in the fridge so it doesn't make sense for you to go to Gizmos. So where are you going?

Me:I'll be back.

Khalil:No because the last thing I need is you running into any one hundred members.

Me:Khalil.

Khalil:If you leave out I'm calling your dad.

Me:You don't have his number, I deleted it out of your phone.

Khalil:My mom has it.

Me:I hate you.

He yanks me down and I huff crossing my arms as he tosses me my text book.

Khalil:Now explain to me why Genghis Khan was a good leader I need to start my thesis statement.

Me:We went over this already Khalil, you're supposed to be writing the body of the essay by now!

We go through this every other week, why does he have to be such a boy?

Khalil:I didn't think I needed to do too much. Time got away from me.

Me:I started this here what were you doing then?

Khalil:*shrugging* I don't remember.

I smack him upside the head before grabbing his world history notebook and look at his handwriting tracing over certain words before going to a new page and writing in his handwriting.

Khalil:How can you do that so easily?

Me:Do what? Write an essay in one sitting?

Khalil:*scoffs*No, how can copy someone's handwriting that easily? I can't even tell when you wrote the note or I did. I usually notice because of the lack of correct terms on my end.