Chapter 34

After a wonderful Christmas with both my parents and Zayn's I have just been relaxing and enjoying break.   His gift is one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received.  Tomorrow night is finally the big party at Louis' cabin. This party is all anyone has been talking about.  I'm not even sure how many people are even going.  I love New Year's Eve. It's so fun and always a great night.  I can't wait to wear my dress that I found at that cute little dress shop with my mom. Louis has a huge stereo system that we are going to set up to play a bunch of music.  Brynn told me the decorations are amazing but she won't tell me anything else.  I don't know how I am going to last until then.  

"What should we do to spend the second to last day of 2012?" Zayn asked as he walked into my house smiling.  I shrugged my shoulders and gave a small smile. I wanted to see how long I could stay quiet.  "What you can't speak today?" Zayn replied. I shrugged my shoulders again, holding back a laugh. "Oh that's how it's going to be?" Zayn laughed a little before lunging towards me. I took off running to the living room. Right before I got to the couch Zayn caught me and began tickling me. I couldn't control my laughter.  He knows I can't handle being tickled.  I squirmed and wiggled to try to get out of his grip.  It was no use he is way stronger than me.  

"Okay! Okay! I give in!" I couldn't keep my silence any longer. I burst out laughing as Zayn pinned me down on the couch. He stopped tickling me and just layed next to me on the couch.  

"I can't believe how far we have come." Zayn spoke, calming down and becoming more serious.   

"Neither can I. I'm really glad that I met you. You have made this year so amazing." I replied thinking about the past 4 months.  I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't met Zayn. My life would be so different.  I wouldn't have a great boyfriend. I wouldn't have been in the play. I wouldn't have done a lot of things. 

"Well why don't we go out for lunch?" Zayn suggested. I nodded and jumped off the couch to go put my jacket on. I threw on my converse and hurried out the door. I climbed into Zayn's car and started it.  

"Where do you want to eat?" I asked him as we pulled out of the driveway.  We don't usually go out to eat that often, but when we do we always go to the same place.  

"How about Olive Garden?" I suggest my favorite restaurant.  I love their food so much. Especially their breadsticks.  

"Sounds perfect." Zayn agrees with my suggestion. 

"Are you excited for the new year's party?" I made small talk. That's all I have been thinking about.  

"Of course! I can't wait." Zayn seemed really excited.

A server seated us in a booth in the back of the restaurant before bringing us our menus. "What are you going to have?" Zayn asked me as we both searched the menu. 

"I was thinking Fettucine Alfredo and some breadsticks with alfredo sauce." I responded with my usual order. There was no need to even look at a menu.  

"I think I am going to have Spaghetti." Zayn told me his choice. I wasn't surprised. We always get the same thing here.  The waiter came around and we placed our order. After about 20 minutes our food was out. I will never get sick of this place's food.  Zayn and I discussed everything and anything while we ate. Conversation just never gets boring with him.  We could talk about the dictionary and he would find a way to make it interesting. Zayn is just one of those people who can talk for hours about everything.  

Yesterday after lunch Zayn and I decided to write new year's resolutions. It was fun to do and I hope I keep at least some of them.  Tonight is the big night and I can't wait.  A night with all my friends to celebrate the new year.  Louis texted Zayn eariler to tell him that we should come over around 8 o'clcok.  Zayn came over around noon to just hang out until the party.  I can't believe 2012 is already over.  It was definitely an interesting year. I am so glad that I was able to learn to stand up for myself and find some new friends that like me for me.  

"You look gorgeous!" Zayn said as I walked into the living room after getting ready.  My hair was loosely curled and the red has faded to an auburn with my natural color starting to take over. My makeup was very sparkly and extravagent. Silver eyeshadow and glittery eyeliner to match my dress.  My dress hung perfectly on my body. I picked out some black heart patterned tights to keep me warm as it is still winter.  I put on my heels before complimenting Zayn.  

"You don't look too bad yourself." I noticed how handsome he looked in his suit. Even thought the party is just at Louis' cabin we are all still dressing up. I mean why not? It's fun to dress up.  

"Ready to go?" Zayn asked as he reached for my hand. 

"Of course I am, let's go!" I couldn't wait to leave. The drive was very short so small talk was flowing naturally. When we arrived there were already at least 5 cars outside.  Zayn came around to open my door and helped me out. We walked into the cabin and there were so many people there. I don't even know a lot of them.  They must be from other schools.  I quickly find Brynn and Aubri and start dancing. Zayn said he would be with the guys.  I decided I am not going to drink tonight. I might have champagne at midnight but getting drunk just isn't my thing.  

After about 2 hours of dancing and talking with my girls we decided to take a break and eat some food. There were plenty of little snacks layed out. Louis definitely knows how to throw a party.  I found Zayn with Niall and Liam by the bar area they had set up. Zayn chose not to drink either, I'm glad he agrees with me on that.  The party was going extremely great and everyone seemed to be having a blast. I was just about to return to the dance floor when there was a loud crash. Someone had thrown a bottle. 

"I have had enough Mark!" I turned to find Ariana hiding her face as she screamed. The music was too loud but I saw it all play out.  He backed her into the corner. I started walking towards them but I was too late. He pulled his hand back and slapped her right across the face. 

"Mark! Back off of her!" I tried to help her. I tried to pull him away but he threw me off of him. I hit the ground hard.  Zayn must have seen what was going on because the next thing I know he had punched Mark right in the face causing him to fall on the ground. He helped Ariana up and asked her if she was ok. He then helped me up and did the same. Louis then told Mark to leave because he had too much to drink.  One of his friends who hadn't been drinking volunteered to drive him.  Ariana thanked Zayn before finding some of her other friends. I can't believe Mark just did that. He is usually such a sweetheart.  I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge before the countdown was supposed to begin. 

"Everyone ready?" Louis yelled. We started the countdown from 20 with our glasses ready.  19.........18............17................16.................15.................14 I moved closer to Zayn. 13...............12.................11.......................10 This is it. The last 10 seconds of 2012.  9.....................................8......................................7.........................................6..............................................5.....................................4................................3...............................2..............1 Zayn pulled me in and kissed me. I have always wanted to cross that off my bucketlist. Now I can. We both pulled away and took a drink of our champagne.  It's finally 2013 and I can't wait to take it on.  

___________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading! Also tahnk you so much for exceeding the goals on the last chapter! I am so sorry it took me so long to update. I had exams this past week and now I am finally done and will try to update weekly. So I hope you enjoyed this chapter :) Stay lovely! I love reading all of your comments! They make my day! Check the external link for her dress :)

Comments:18

Votes:35

Love and thanks always, 

brianna xx