Chapter 11

The night at the cabin was much needed and I am so glad we did it. Everyone had a blast but we had to go back to the reality of school. Another boring week it was. I kept in contact with Brynn all week but she was acting weird. She didn't want to hang out at all and she seemed really down. I didn't push her too much to tell  me. Everyone needs their space. Zayn is out of town this weekend with family and Aubrielle is going to meet Liam's family so I think I'll invite Brynn over.

*phone convo*

"Hello?" she answered unsurely.

"Brynn! How are you?"I asked politely.

"I'm not doing so well. Can I come over so we can talk?" I could hear the sadness in her voice.

"Of course you can, I was literally calling you to ask you to spend the night." I answered.

"Thank you so much. Can you come get me like now? I can't be here." Brynn asked frantically.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes." I said hanging up the phone.

I grabbed my keys and quickly headed to Brynn's. The drive seemed to drag on even though it wasn't that far. The radio was playing but I couldn't concentrate on anything but getting to her house quickly. I finally pull into the long driveway of Brynn's little townhouse. I knocked on the front door but didn't get an answer. I decided to just go inside. I heard yelling and arguing. I followed the noise into the kitchen. The minute I stepped in I saw Brynn get slapped across the face.

"Come on let's go." Brynn said while holding back tears.  I couldn't say anything I just followed her orders.

We get in the car and Brynn completely breaks down. Tears are just pouring out of her eyes.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask comfortingly.

"When we get to your house." She states.

I drive us back and let Brynn into my house leading her to my room. My parents are out running errands or something thankfully. I take a seat on my bed next to Brynn and give her a hug as she wipes the remainder of her tears off her face.

"You don't have to tell me but if you want I will be here to listen." I made sure she knew she had someone.

"I want to tell you. I haven't told you everything about me. My mom has a boyfriend and he has lived with us for about a year now. He used to be like a dad to me but the last month or so he has started to act weird around me. He tries kissing me and touching me. When I refuse he hits me. I'm sorry you had to witness that. I just can't handle being alone in the house with him anymore. My mom had a meeting for work today and as soon as she left I locked myself in my room. You called and then I packed my bag and went downstairs to wait for you. He grabbed me and started kissing my neck I pushed away and then he slapped me." she explained once again breaking into tears.

"I'm so sorry. I'm not going to let him hurt you anymore. You can stay as long as you need to. You can tell me anything. Don't be afraid to ask me for help. I'll always be here." I told her as I hugged her.

"Thank you so much. I needed a friend and I haven't really made any at my school." she explained.

"Have you told your mom?" I asked.

"No, I don't think she will believe me." I could hear the fear in her voice.

"I think we should call her. Tell her what you told me and then give her a chance to think about it. Say that you are going to be staying with me for a few days." I instructed her.

"I will try." she said. I gave her my phone to use and she left the room to make the call. I waited for about 10 minutes before she returned.

"She was shocked but she believed me. She said that he has been acting strange to her lately too. I begged her not to tell him I told. She was going to call the police but I told her not to. I just want him out of our lives. She understood and said she would take care of him."

"I'm so glad she understood. Let's go have some lunch. We need to get your mind somewhere else."

I called my mom and asked her if Brynn could stay for a few nights and she agreed. I didn't tell her why but my mom seemed to take the hint that she needed to. I made some pizza for lunch and then we found some movies on netflix to watch.

I can't believe this has happened to her though. She is so sweet and innocent. She seemed so happy and  confident. I guess hiding it was her only choice. Especially since she doesn't really have anyone around.

My mom came home about two hours later and made us some dinner. I am happy that we are helping Brynn out.

_____________________________________________________________________-

I'm sorry if it's bad :/ I couldn't think. I will try to make a better one soon. Vote, comment, and fan! :)

-brianna xx