Chapter 36

School is so boring in the winter. These first few weeks of 2013 are just dragging on and on. One thing I haven't done since I was really young is go skiing. What better thing to do on a Sunday to make winter a little more fun? Brynn, Aubri, and I decided to head up to our local ski hill for the day. As February begins it's very far into winter and can be dreadful.  

"Let's head down to rentals." Brynn lead the way downstairs as we were getting excited to hit the hill. 

After being equipped with skis and poles we headed outside to all the different trails.  

"Which trail first?" Aubri asked. 

"What about Voyagers Highway?" I suggested. It's one of the easiest hills. I didn't want to just jump into a steep hill for the first run. 

"Perfect! I'll race you down the hill!" Brynn challenged Aubri and I. I took my time and just enjoyed the views of the huge trees and fluffy white snow.  By the time I reached the bottom the girls had already gotten on the chair lift. I moved up in line when someone tapped me on the shoulder.  A girl was standing there with long dirty blonde hair. She was petite and tall. 

"Excuse me could I ride with you?" the girl looked about my age and her english was a little broken.  

"Sure why not!" I told the girl. We climbed on the chair and began the ride up. 

"I'm Mallory, by the way." I introduced myself. 

"I'm Ariel, I'm an exchange student starting on monday at the local school." she explained. 

"It's nice to meet you! Where are you from?" I asked curiously. 

"Germany." She said with a smile. 

"That's really cool! What class will you be in?" I was hoping she would be in my class. We don't get too many new people. 

"I'm a year eleven I think." I was really ecstatic to hear this. 

"Me too! Wait until you meet my friends when we get to the top of the hill!" I asked so many questions on the way up. I don't know how I came up with so many.  

"Brynn, Aubri! Come meet Ariel!" I yelled to them just before they were going to head down the hill. 

"I'm Brynn.  Ariel is it?" Brynn said as she shook her hand. Ariel nodded her head. 

"She is one of the new exchange students in my school!" I explained to them. 

"I'm sure you will have a great time here! You already have three new friends." Aubri pulled her in for a hug after introducing herself. 

The rest of the day we took turns riding with Ariel and going down as many of the trails as possible. What a crazy day. I can't believe we have an exchange student. She is so sweet and so fun to be around. I can tell we are going to be great friends already.  I love learing about the different cultures around the world. Spending time with her will be a great way to compare our countries. 

"You will have to come over sometime soon!" I told Ariel as we dropped her off at the house she is staying at. 

"I will have to! Thank you for the fun day! Also for the ride!" She smiled as she walked up to her door. 

The rest of the evening was quiet but I enjoyed it. I spent the time reading my new book and relaxing by myself. Sometimes it's good to just get away from everyone for a while. With my birthday coming up soon I started thinking about how I should celebrate this year. I don't usually make a big deal about my birthday considering the fact I didn't really have anyone to celebrate it with. I think this year I will have some kind of celebration with my friends. 

______________________________________________________________
This is so bad, I know. I have such writer's block still wow. I will try to get a quality chapter up soon. Thank you for putting up with me! :)

love and thanks always,

brianna xx