Chapter 35

Now that winter break is over it's time to get back to reality. No more sleeping in. No more staying up late. It's almost midterm week as well. For those not aware midterm week is where you take exams in all your classes.  At least we have had this week to settle back into the school routine. I haven't had too hard of a time adjusting back to getting up early.  Teachers have been pretty easy on lately so we can study for the exams. 

Tonight I decided to have a get together with everyone tonight to get ready for exams. We are going to have a potluck. I can't wait! To make things fair everyone is bringing a dish.  I am excited to see all the different things everyone is bringing. I know Aubri can make an amazing chicken dish.  I also know Niall is extremely good at making desserts. 

"Hey guys!" Liam greeted Zayn and I as he helped Aubri carry the food they had brought. I grabbed one of the dishes and put it on the table as the doorbell rang again. Niall, Ellody, Lillah, Harry, Louis, and Brynn showed up a little later. When everyone was finally here we all dug in to the amazing food that was laid out.  After trying everything that was available I was full completely. I don't think I could eat another bite if I tried. 

"Who's up for some board games?" Zayn asked as everyone finished eating. I hadn't played board games in years. 

"How about clue?" I suggested. That is one of my absolute favorites. Zayn, Niall, Liam, Ellody, Brynn and I all grabbed game pieces. Niall dealed the cards and put the 3 mystery ones in the envelope while we all watched. I marked down all the cards I had and was ready to play. Brynn went first and the turns went on for at least 30 minutes. Finally we were getting down to the last couple turns. Someone had to figure it out soon. I looked down at my card and notice that I could probably guess and win. Just before my turn I decide I am going to take a crack at it. It's too late when I hear, "Mrs. Peacock in the dining room with candlestick!" Ellody shouted out her guess. She was correct. The game ended and we all laughed at how intense the game got. We all definitely needed this time together. Watching movies gets old sometimes. This was a good change of pace from school. Board games bring back a lot of memories from when I was a child.  We found a few more games in Zayn's closet and decided to play them. For hours we played the Game of Life, Monopoly, Trouble, and Yahtzee. 

Sometimes you just have to learn to get away from the real world for a while and live in the moment. Your friends become the most important thing and you don't want the moments to end. These memories live with you forever.  I can't help but think everyday how amazing these past few months have been. 

"Okay guys, I have one more thing I wanted to do." I had been wanting to do this forever. I took out the box of jars. "We all decorate a jar and as things happen throughout the year you right down the memories you would like to keep. At the end of the year we all read them." I explained the idea I had. 

"That is such a good idea!" Brynn said as she started tieing a ribbon around the rim of her jar. 

"I think we can all put a memory in already." Harry said as he wrote on a little sticky note. 

"I agree." Louis said. We all described this night and placed the papers in our jars. This would be a night we wouldn't forget and a start to a great year. 

__________________________________________________________

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates! Also for this short crappy chapter! I hope you are still hanging in there! Thank you so much for all the support! I can't believe this story has 230K+ reads. So tell me what you thought :) 

Goals: 

Votes: 40 

Comments:15

Love and thanks always, 

brianna xx