➳ chapter nine

sunghoon pov

Kasumi hasn't come out of her room for what felt like centuries. When really it has only been two days. Hajime gives her a plate of food, and goes back later to pick up the plate.

Hana hasn't really been around the house much lately. Which to me, is a relief. But I can't help but feel suspicious.

Today, Hajime and Kasumi are supposed to be visiting their siblings, Beomgyu and Minnie, since they haven't seen each other in awhile. They are also meeting since their mom has recently fell ill because of the sudden death of her husband, so they're going to help take care of her too.

But the biggest problem right now, is getting Kasumi to even leave her room.

Hajime came back with an empty plate in his hand, he seemed like he needed help. They're supposed to leave in a couple of minutes.

I sighed and stood up, giving my plate to Hajime, "I'll try and force her."

Hajime nodded at me in response, stacking my plate on top of Kasumi's to wash them. I proceeded to walk towards Kasumi's room, of course, the door was closed.

I knocked about three times, and I still got no answer. I had no choice but to open the door, and I was welcomed to the sight of Kasumi looking at herself blankly in the mirror. Her eyes were slightly gray, they almost looked lifeless.

I closed the door behind me, and that told the girl that I was here. She immediately turned to me and stared at me blankly. There was no emotion, it was worrying me.

From the looks of it, her father's death made her unknown condition, or sickness, even worse. She's been throwing up way more the past four days. Way more than the seven times she told me about when she was drunk.

"Kasumi-"

"Leave." She abruptly interrupted me before I could even continue. "I'm not leaving." That was the only thing that came out of my own mouth. It's not like I didn't want to say that. But now, I'm even more worried.

"You need to get ready. You're going to visit Beomgyu and Minnie in a couple of minutes." I carefully stepped closer to her. "Just leave." She said blankly, or lifelessly. Is she a doll now?

"I told you, I'm not leaving." I responded stubbornly. I was not moving.

"I'm sick." She muttered to herself, "Wha?" I said out of confusion. "I said I'm sick, I can't go. I'll be a burden." She raised her voice a little bit. Her eyes turned even more gray than before.

"What do you mean you will be a burden?" I asked curiously, trying to calm her down. "Don't you see, Sunghoon?! I throw up over five times a day, my eye colors change gray like they're lifeless and I don't know why. Why would I burden my family with this?!" Her voice was slowly breaking, she was about to cry.

"I want to attend, but I'll be too much of a burden. I don't want that for my father's funeral."

I just stood there like an idiot. I always knew that Kasumi doesn't like being a burden, especially on her family. Now that Kasumi has an unknown sickness, and that sickness is now worse, she thinks it will burden her family when they're already dealing with the death of her father.

"Leave." She raised her voice a little bit louder, she sounded like she was going to break down any second now. "No." I responded stubbornly. "Just leave!" She yelled back, clearly frustrated with my response. She's telling me to leave, but her eyes are telling me to stay.

Without a second thought, I wrapped her into a warm embrace, we ended up tipping over and falling on the bed. I was on top of her. Our faces just inches away from each other.