Chapter VIII

3rd Person POV:

"You summoned me your highness?" Kuroo asks as he kneels on one leg before the 1st prince of Fukurodani.

"You may stand. I want to know how my little brother is doing." Prince Kei asks as he leans against his desk in his study. His study is much more bigger than Bokuto's and less decorated. For one, he only has his desk at the very end of the room, a few book cases, and a small table with two chairs by one of the three large windows. His fiancé, Sir Tadashi Yamaguchi, is drawing the beauty landscape from the table. Kuroo stands and makes eye contact with the prince.

"What do you mean sire?" Kuroo questions as Kuroo now has a sky blue cape around his normal attire of pale teal blue. His hair still unbrushed or brushed. Either way, it couldn't be contained.

"Simply as it sounds. How did he rule while I was away for a year?" Kei asks as he pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Well, he's been quite impressive. He's grown in the time you were gone. I personally think he's ready for the crown and to fully serve your court." Kuroo states as he smiles. "His attitude on everything has shifted. He wants to be someone great that his people can rely on." Kuroo remembers Bokuto's little speech from the previous night and agrees with his words full heartedly.

"Really? When I left he was still in a small rebellious phase about his title." Kei wonders as he places a finger to his chin in curiosity.

"Yes, about a month or two ago, he met someone and that person has been inspiring him to do better."

"Elaborate please. Who did he meet?" Kuroo then begins to tell him everything from the time Kei left to Bokuto neglecting his roles as a prince for a while and then meeting Akaashi. He leaves out the part of Prince Yuji Terushima and him poisoning Bokuto but includes how a stranger healed his forearm. Kuroo mentions how Akaashi came back with them to the capital and is now working as an apprentice court herbalist. He includes all the times that he has managed to surprise them.

"He sounds pretty reckless to me. I'd like to meet him." Kei states as he walks over to Yamaguchi and plays with his long green hair while he draws. Kuroo bows and walks out to go find Akaashi.

Akaashi throws himself onto his bed in his small room found in the medical wing. Beside his bed is a small night stand with a book and plant. In the corner is desk with an oil lamp and journal. Across his bed is his small closet with a few everyday clothes. Not much is in his room but it's enough for him. Akaashi closes his eyes and begins to drift to sleep when he hears a knock on his door. He shoots up and walks over to the door, kind of pissed. He doesn't like it when people try and stop him from sleeping when he wants to sleep. He answers the door to see a man holding some clothes and something wrapped in a cloth.

"Good morning Sir. Chief Iwazumi ordered that these are brought to you immediately." The man says he hands him a small bundle of folded clothes and the wrapped package. He bows and leaves as Akaashi takes the clothes in.

He looks at package and unwraps it slowly to see a blue glass with a golden frame connected to a small rope of leather. Engraved into the glass is the following.

Keiji Akaashi
Medical Division
Apprentice Court Herbalist

Akaashi stares at his identification card and smiles. It's official. He's a an Apprentice Court Herbalist. He places the glass gently to the side and looks at the folded clothes. He picks them up to see his uniform was finally done. It was a large white coat like dress with golden buttons trailing down it. Despite gender, all apprentices had to wear this dress like coat but Atsumu agreed that even when he was an apprentice, it still looked good on him. For the males though, they are given light pants to wear under it. The top has a blue patch with a small diamond trail charm. The sleeves are long and have blue accents. With the uniform comes with his own blue cover cape with golden accents. He had only be told to wear it when he is told to look 'presentable', which mainly was for approaching royalty. Bokuto already made it clear to NOT wear it when, when Akaashi would get it, is with him.