Chapter IX

(Music is played best now)
Lime up ahead
3rd Person POV:

"You did what?! What happened next?!" Oikawa asks in excitement. The next day was upon them and Bokuto took no time in telling his aides the wonderful night he had with Akaashi.

"We just stood there forever! I then asked him out for my ball and he agreed! I want my birthday here now!!" Bokuto declares.

"Did you all do the deed last night?" Kuroo asks slyly.

"What no!!! I escorted him back to his room and kissed him once more before I went to my room! Kuroo you're dirty minded!!" Bokuto retorts as Kenma agrees.

The days past slowly as Akaashi is trained in how to dance, act in royal public, and manage his duties as an herbalist. Bokuto and Akaashi begun to engage in a secret relationship and learned that Kuroo and Kenma were as well. Every night, the two new pair would escape in the night to head to their place in the valley and mountains. The two would talk about their day and laugh over the smallest things like how Akaashi struggles to see or how Kenma drew Kuroo as a stick figure.

On the night of the ball, Akaashi is placing on his attire that Bokuto had made for him. Bokuto had a tailor come and suit him in the best way possible.

Pressing down the soft comfortable fabric, Akaashi looks at himself through the mirror to find himself in awe. The clothing is all a cream color and Akaashi looks like he is the soft glow of a candle. His coat is long and to his knees all with rose gold accents. The way it flows almost looks like a dress. His pants are of the same color and it stops at the ankles of his white boots. Akaashi pats the small vest that wraps his main body and touches the buttons of his shirt underneath. At the collar of the shirt, lays a pendant of an emerald in a rose gold border frame.. Akaashi can only smile at his own beauty.

A knock at his door breaks his thoughts as he opens it to see Bokuto in his royal blue outfit with a coat as well and his royal crest on his shoulder. His hair still up like an owl despite his royal crown fitting rather oddly.

"You look so beautiful Keiji." Bokuto says as Akaashi smiles and thanks him.

"You look so handsome as well Kotaro." Akaashi says as he notices his hands are behind his back. "What you have back there my love?" Akaashi asks as he tries to see.

"Well, I wanted to get you a gift and I want you to wear them both tonight." Bokuto says and he shows Akaashi a flower crown and a pair of eye glasses. Akaashi stares and smiles.

"Kotaro, it's your birthday. I wanted to give you a gift." Akaashi admits. It's true. Akaashi didn't know what a prince would want that he already didn't have. Slowly, Bokuto places the flower crown of roses on his head. He then opens the glasses with a silver color metal frame and slides them on his beautiful love.

Akaashi looks at him and then around him to see that everything is much clearer. In the past, Akaashi struggled to even see Bokuto up close. Now, he can see his clear and bright golden eyes.

"You. You are my gift. I love you so much. I have everything with you by my side." Bokuto whispers as the two share a small passionate kiss.

"You with that flower crown on makes your my prince." Bokuto says as he holds Akaashi's face gently.

"You always know what to say, Kotaro. You're amazing. Thank you for choosing me of all people." Akaashi whispers as he hugs Bokuto gently. After the embrace, the two link arms and head towards the ballroom as the moon shines brightly.

The two make it to the top of the stairs and see the rest of the royal family at the top as well, along with their chosen guest or date. The King and the Queen are announced as they walk down the stairs slowly in a dark blue uniform and a purple ballgown. The Queen looks very much looks like Bokuto with two tone hair while the King has blonde. Their royal gems placed on their heads of sapphires.