Chapter XVIII

3rd Person POV:

"Keep quiet men. We're in rebel country." Kuroo whispers to some of the men as they pass it on in a hushed voice. Kuroo rides his black steed through a large cannon with his many men following behind. Despite the large group, they manage to keep the noise to a minimum with only the sound of horses hooves hitting the ground and the wagon wheels moving against the dirt. Kuroo holds his fist out to make the others halt as he turns his head violently to see rocks falling from the top. Kuroo pulls out his sword and quickly deflects a flying arrow.

"An ambush! Move!!" Kuroo yells as more arrows fly from the edges of the cannon. While the arrows aim for many of the men, rebel troops run down the steep rock wall...

Two newly made guards, one with a section of his haired blonde and hazel eyes and the other with silver hair and green eyes, walks up to Bokuto and Kenma who work silently on papers. The silver haired man holds something long wrapped in a large cloth while the shorter one, (he's only shorter compared to the other male) stands beside him.

"May I ask whom you may be?" Kenma asks while reading a document.

"We're from squadron T3, the group of men Captain Kuroo sent. I'm Takedora Yamamoto and this is Lev Haiba." Speaks Yamamot, the one with the part blonde hair.

"What do you mean by 'sent'? Tetsuro should have arrived with you." Kenma says sternly as he places the paper down and finally faces the two. Bokuto perks up as well when Kenma points out the new obvious elephant in the room. Lev carries the wrapped item over to Kenma and bows down before holding it out to him. Kenma can only stare at what he thinks is under it. Shaking, he slowly takes it in his hands and instantly knows what it is. Lev stands up and finds his place back at Yamamoto's side. Kenma gazes at the heavy item that lays in his palms and is close to tears.

"Is he.." Kenma whispers softly with his head down.

"No. Captured three days ago. He made us continue our journey here." Yamamoto makes known.

"If I may, Captain Kuroo told us to make sure that we got to you and made the strict order that we continue our way here. Because of him and his actions, only a few of us were actually injured." Lev says as he bows his head in respect.

"Please leave. Thank you for telling us." Bokuto says as the two guards bow and leave Kenma and Bokuto to themselves. Slowly, Kenma unwraps the cloth and stares at a sword of a bronze handle with no sleeve. Kuroo Tetsuro's sword.

"I told him.. I told that idiot not to go!! I told him!! I told him!! And now he's been captured and will more than likely be executed!!" Kenma yells as he grips the now uncovered sword, the blade cutting into his palms. But the evident pain hurts not as much as his heartbreak.

Bokuto gently holds his younger brother like friend close. "We'll get him back. We lost Keiji. I won't allow us to lose him too." Bokuto declares as Kenma sobs into Bokuto's shoulders. Bokuto rubs his back in circle strokes. "I promise..."

Kenma looks at the sword he holds and sees the kanji engraved onto the handle.

'As long as I fight, I will love my Kenma.'

Akaashi stares at his baby boy who stares back. He gently rubs his cheek as Hoshi giggles.

"Hinata, can you pass me my quill, ink, and some parchment? I've been out for now more than two weeks and Kotaro needs to know I'm okay. I can move a bit better so I think I can write two him." Akaashi asked with a smile. Even though a few days or so had passed, Akaashi has been confined to a bed.

"I- Um.. How do I tell him Oikawa?" Hinata asks as he holds his head down.

"Aka-Chan, he already knows about Hoshi-Chan." Oikawa says as he pops his fingers.