Chapter XXII

3rd Person POV:

While the Royal Fiancé leads his men to the capital of Johzenji, one of Fukurodani's greatest allies holds a secret within their castle walls. Although it has been a few months since Akaashi joined the war, it's felt like like an eternity in a room in the Kingdom of Karasuno.

A figure of large build rests in a guest room olive green arm chair while looking out the window to see a tranquil sight of merchants. From his view of higher level, he can easily say that the travelers all look like small ants. He rests his head on his fist with a small frown on his face. The two toned haired man stares out in boredom and worry.

A knock can be heard behind the closed door as a man of almost equal build but large and high royal clothes enters. Dark hair holds up a golden crown with pitch black pearls and sunrise orange sapphires while hazel eyes along glare at the silhouette in the arm chair.

Without turning, the man asks for the date of the sunny day outside. Only a cloud or two in sight can be seen, at least from the royal figure's eyes

"If I recall, it is December 13. Why do you ask?"

"It's been a year. I haven't gone home, King Daichi. I want to go home." The golden eyes of the man fills with sorrow as he remembers old memories of joyful love.

"Even if you go back, he won't be there." King Daichi Sawamura-Sugawara finally reveals. The figure finally turns away from the window and goes wide eyed at the king as he makes haste to stand up. Only to wince at his side which remains wrapped in bandages.

"What? I-I, he should be dead." He says as he tries to keep up the old lie of his lover being dead, not knowing that the Kingdoms in the Fukurodani Alliance cheer for Akaashi end the war.

"There's no need to hide it anymore. The Kingdoms know that he lives. You won't find him at the castle, but rather on the front lines, leading your troops in the place of your brother." The King states.

"Keiji is.. fighting?" The surprised man asks. He knows his betrothed as someone who doesn't raise a sword unless absolutely needed and who tries to resolve conflicts with simple statements. Hearing him fight is unreasonable.

"Yes. He's fighting in vengeance in your name sake." Daichi makes known with a stern voice.

"Then.. how is he doing? Is he winning? Do you have word on my son?" The concerned figure asks as he turns back window.

Daichi strolls over to the man sitting in the arm chair and places a hand on his shoulder. "You need not to worry. At the rate he is going, I'd say he'll be home within a week or two's time. With every battle, he inches closer to taking the capital. As for your son, I have no information on him. But I can assure you he's safe. However, if Sir Akaashi discovers you are here-" The King of Karasuno is interrupted but the man.

"There won't be a need for him to fight. Even if it is my Kingdom. He'll drop everything to come find me." The man comes to realization of why he's been locked away for a month. "Please, when he is about to take the capital, alert me and grant me permission to leave."

"If his victory is certain then you have my word. I will have a carriage take you back. You have done a great deal in this war. It's time for you to take this time to rest, Prince Kotaro." Daichi soon bows and leaves the man in the arm chair to his thoughts.

He is reminded of the events prior to a few months. When he was shot with an arrow in order to protect his best friend. He arrow stuck the left side of his back, barely missing his spine. Right before he went unconscious, he remembers the screams he heard from Kuroo.

From what he can remember from his shifts in consciousnesses, the infiltrator had placed him on a wagon and carried him away to the safety of the kingdom run by birds.