Chapter XV

3rd Person POV:

"Prince Kotaro!! I've received news from the palace!!" A guard yells as he runs into the tent where a meeting is being held with Bokuto, Ushijima, Kuroo, Kenma, along with with some others.

"What is it?" Bokuto asks as he puts the meeting on hold. The guard hands him a letter in haste.

"The palace has been attacked!!" Bokuto looks at the guard and instantly opens the small letter from his older brother, Prince Kei.

Lord Brother, Kotaro
On the night of December 6, 1575, the castle was attacked by rebels that many of the court believe to be part of an alliance with Jonzeiji. No one was harmed besides the enemy.
You're betrothed and child are alright. They didn't make it to the dungeons but his guards made him seek shelter and were ready to lay their lives down. None were hurt.
First Prince,
Kei Tsukishima Bokuto

"The court ruled that the rebels have joined with Jonzeiji.." Bokuto makes known as anger is apparent on his face. It was at this moment, the reason for the war, begun to change. Bokuto Kotaro is a very forgiving person when you do him wrong. However, come any close to harming his family or loved ones, his forgiveness is nonexistent. That night, his family, whom he may not always like, was attacked and the love of his life and child were placed in severe danger. The meaning of the war has changed into now revenge.

"Lord Ushijima, is there any possible way to make a surprise attack in the snow against the troops across the field?" Bokuto asks as he takes pen and paper, then begins to write.

"Well, it depends sire. Jonzeiji is sheltered down because of the weather and we are too. If the weather lights up, then possibly yes. But it depends on how well our men are." Ushijima states as Kuroo and Kenma listen in about this idea.

"Have each of your respected men begin making preparations then. I'm sending draft for Sakusa and Atsumu. We will need them if we want to pound them hard. Dismissed." Bokuto orders as all three step away and begin to alert their divisions and Bokuto hands the draft to the guard to send it out.

The wind blows at a moderate pace with snow in its wake. The snow is predicted to fall harder soon, which will make it a perfect time to strike. Once that fated day would arrive, the war would fully have its new message.

Months begun to pass as the seasons changed from the cold winter, to the hot summer. While the war progressed, Akaashi found himself falling into a small depression due to the curious and loud public and the distance between him and Bokuto. Something else is bothering him as well; news Iwazumi had told him.

June 2, 1576

Dear Kotaro,
Everyday grows even harder. I either am bombarded with reporters about the war, that I have to push away by the means of Oikawa and Hinata, or I am in pain from contractions. It's been now a little more than eight months. Not much time left till our little star comes into the world.

Kotaro, there is something you should know. It should only be a few weeks left until Hajime preforms a new concept called 'surgery'. It's something he has only done once and it was quite small. What he does, breathe and don't freak out, is that he puts me in a deep sleep and cuts me open. He would proceed to deliver the baby with Yaku's help and then slowly, close me up with stitches and a needle. But since this thing is entirely different and Hajime was proven to be unsuccessful in finding more information on how the other male pregnancies were done, there is a good chance that I may stay asleep and die. Personally, that has its good points and it's bad. I may die but at what cost? Our baby would be born and have an amazing father to look after them. I may never get to see you again but I will watch over you and our child if I do pass. Please know, this is my complete choice. I choose to give my life for my baby. Maybe if I do pass, the war may end and you could come home and be with our baby.