straight 9 (Liy x pen...oh man)

ink dispenser x li(y)ar

(can be a humanized AU or not really it's up to you)

Bitter talk

"Yeah. I'm not the best when it comes to relationships. Including ones with GUYS."

"Including...guys?"

"What? Yuh, why is that a surprise?"

"...You date guys?"

"Well? Wouldn't you want to be with a girl too?"

"No, I'm surprised you like guys AND girls."

"...Umm, yeah. But I think that was more out of desperation. I'll go out with literally anyone at this point."

Pen swished the drink around with a straw. A phone lay close to the glass of water.
Liy only gazed blankly into the darkness through a glass window. Her hands were folded on a wooden table, presumably deep in thought.

"Well I know that some people can be gay, and some people can be straight, but I didn't know you could be both."

"That's called being bisexual."

"Huh. Interesting. You're bisexual..."

"Well I guess you could say that. What's so special about it?"

"...Uhh...you don't know?"

Immediately, something clicked inside him. The objects of this world have only a surface level understanding of

"Love is a complicated thing. I guess."

Pen sipped the water using a straw. He drank water using a straw. The abhorrent noises it made was unbearable; Liy noticed and flinched. She cringed at how Pen used a STRAW to drink WATER.

"UGH!!! Stop that, stop it stop it stop it!"

"Stop what?"

"STOP DRINKING WATER WITH A STRAW, AND JUST DRINK IT DIRECTLY FROM THE GLASS!!!"

"You actually have a problem with that?"

"I WOULDN'T MIND IF ONLY IT DIDN'T MAKE SUCH HORRIBLE NOISES!"

"Uhh, really? I don't think this happens very often..."

"JUST—here, gimme that."

Liy reached over the creaking table to snatch the straw away from the glass. Pen did nothing to take it back; he didn't have the energy to argue anymore.

"There."

Still water. No ice cubes, just water. No more light emitted from the phone screen, as it just turned off.
Warm, dangling ceiling lights stooped just above Table #12, making for a somewhat romantic setting.
Pen could see reflections of himself in the window. He looked awfully dreary, mostly tired.
It could be nice if someone's hand could gently caress his face, tell him everything's gonna be

"...Alright then. What are you gonna use that for?"

Liy fiddled with the striped straw, taunting Pen with it from across the table.

"The straw? Well I'm using it myself of course. I'm getting an actual drink and sticking this thing in there."

Shock ensued. Fists slammed onto the table, rattling the phone and glass of water.
Pointless bickering, rambling about nonsensical things, and all of it would vanish with the night.

"W—WHAAAAAT?!! YOU'RE JUST GONNA—"

"What, Pen-Pen? You actually have a problem with that?"