Chapter 21

It had been a few months since school started and Blaine and I were pretty okay. I mean, we were still together. Were we mentally stable? Well, not so much. It was HORRIBLE being so far away. Every time we wanted alone time to— talk, Rachel would walk in. I learned to shut my curtain after the first time but we still get no time alone. I don't get how her and Finn are doing so well honestly. He does come and visit sometimes so I guess that's why. I enjoy seeing him but also I kind of feel like a third wheel and I have to pull the noisemaker and earplugs out. Maybe I'm jealous they're doing great. I'll just call Blaine so I don't feel as much like crap. He always makes me happy so I pulled out my computer and called him. No answer.

Kurt: Hey sweetie! I miss you and just wanted to talk. Call me when you can.

I didn't get a call all day but the next day when I was writing an essay I picked up his call on my Mac.

"Hey! Sorry I couldn't call last night but can you talk now?"

"You could have at least responded but it's fine."

"Are you mad?"

"I'm fine. Just stressed I guess."

"School?"

"Yeah. I have this essay I'm working on and it's just a lot of work in such a short amount of time."

"I'm sorry. Wish I could give you my special massage." I nodded as he chuckled. His smile faded soon as he saw the blank look on my face. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"YES! God, stop asking."

"I was just trying to make sure. You look upset. Don't know why you're yelling."

"Cause you just keep asking if I'm okay when you never talk to me!"

"I'm busy with school. I thought you'd understand."

"I do but you never even reply to my texts. It takes 2 seconds and whenever I'm upset I can never talk to you. Apparently calling my before bed is too hard."

"I'm sorry."

"Whatever."

"I— I can go if you want."

"Of course you can."

"KURT! Seriously stop, like what the hell. I was going to go so you could work on your essay you're stressing over and you're mad! I didn't think you wanted to talk but I'll stay on if you do! Stop being rude." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You're right! I am stressed. I'll talk later."

"Wai—" I slammed my computer shut and got up to get food and take a small break before getting back to work.

It was a few days later when I got another call from Blaine. I picked it up and slightly smiled.

"We need to talk." He said.

"I know."

"We need to work this out. I don't know why we are struggling so much since we are like perfect."

"Do we?"

"Do we what?"

"Need to work this out."

"Kurt. Seriously?"

"Yeah. Maybe it's just not for us to do long distance."

"You're the one who said we should fight to stay together. Please don't do this."

"I know what I said but listen to us."

"Us? You're the one who keeps yelling and giving up."

"See? We can't stop fighting." He wiped his face and I wiped mine.