Chapter 23

I arrived at home and my dad wasn't sure what to expect yet. He was shocked when I walked in. I was worse than he expected. Of course he didn't tell me but he also couldn't believe I went out in public like this. I had dark circles under my eyes, my hair wasn't done, I was wearing sweats, and I looked depressed as hell. Carole walked in and LITERALLY jumped at the sight of me.

"Oh my god!" She covered her mouth, her reaction cause Rachel and Finn to start laughing and me to start crying again. "Honey, I'm so sorry." Dad gave me a hug and we just stayed there in the kitchen for a few minutes before moving to the living room.

"I haven't slept like— at all." I mumbled.

"Try getting some now. Okay?" I nodded and closed my eyes, already laying down and cuddling with a blanket. I finally got some sleep but not much.

The next day Rachel invited me to a party of hers with the whole glee club so we could catch up. At first I said no thanks but Finn was begging me and basically forcing me to go.

"Okay guys. So Kurt will be here any second but— he looks pretty rough and scary. Okay?"

"Why?" Brittany asked.

"Do none of you know?" They all shook their heads.

"Oh. Well— Blaine and Kurt broke up."

"Oh no!" Quinn said.

"Is that why he's not coming tonight?" Rachel nodded.

"Poor guy!" Mercedes said. Everyone agreed.

"It can't be that bad. Hummel doesn't go anywhere looking bad. Even just to his friends." Santana said.

"Oh, trust me. It's bad. He's not himself." Everyone got nervous before the basement door opened. Finn walked down first and everyone's eyes bugged out of their head seeing Kurt.

"Nice outfit." Puck said, causing him to get elbowed by Tina.

"Whatever." I said. "Got any beer?" Artie laughed before realizing I wasn't kidding.

"Kurt, you've never had even a sip of alcohol." Finn said.

"You're not seriously telling me what to do, right?" I asked, glaring at him.

"I just think it's a bad idea. Drinking won't solve any problems." I grabbed a beer from the counter and opened it, taking a sip.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Everyone dropped their mouths open.

"I like this Hummel!" Puck said, walking over and starting to talk to me. Everyone else had a bad feeling about this, except Santana. She also liked this Kurt. I drank all night and of course, Finn had to drive me home. He knew he'd get in trouble for the shape I was in. After he sat me at the table, he went to our parents room.

"Hey! How was the party?"

"Uhh— we might have a problem." Burt and Carole both looked nervous and followed him. Finn and Carole stood by the doorway as dad sat across from me at the table. I had my head down and he was confused what was wrong. Well, until he started talking to me.

"You okay bud?" I lifted my head and smiled.

"I'm great!" I slurred.

"No..." He sighed. "Are you drunk?"

"Maybe a little. Finn told me not to but it was fun. I'm the happiest I've been in— weeks."

"You know this won't solve your problems though." I rolled me eyes.

"Everyone needs to stop being such party poopers. Just let me have fun for one night. I went all of high school without ONE sip of alcohol. What's wrong with one night?"