{15} Light X and X Darkness

"The second match is Kirahki versus Hisoka!"

"Seriously?!" Leorio actually seems concerned. "Y-you should probably just sur-"

I hold up my hand to stop him before he can finish, "Not this again." I look earnestly at my blonde friend. "Kurapika, be ready to fight him next." He nods his head in understanding. I gaze at all of my friends and my voice turns dark, "If any of you interfere I won't forgive you."

><><><><><><><><><><><><

Hisoka stands before me. "Looks like we get to settle our little card game earlier than I expected." I glare up at him. "I owe you a good punch in the face."

He chuckles. "I hope our fight will be as entertaining as the last match. I suppose you'll be just as stubborn as your brother."

"Begin!" the referee yells.

No one makes a move. The place is dead silent. Hisoka shuffles his cards back and forth between his hands. I'm the first to react. I appear in front of him and throw a series of punches his way. He manages to dodge every one. Switching strategies, I go to kick him in the gut but... he dematerializes. Three cards are thrown from behind me. I barely have time to dodge them. One grazes the side of my arm leaving a small gash.

He snickers. "Oh goodie you're so full of energy."

I rush at him again but he catches my arm and throws me up at the ceiling. At first, I think I'm going to crash into it, but I'm able to kick off and propel myself downwards heading straight for him, but it's another fake Hisoka. He appears behind me knocking me to the ground.

"And you're trying so hard." He's really starting to piss me off. My eyes are set ablaze with their fiery color and adrenaline pulses through my entire body. I hear a few gasps from the sidelines.

He comes at me again but I vanish, avoiding his punches. He throws another card towards me. I catch it and pitch it back to him, nailing him in the shoulder. He rushes towards me and attempts to punch me in the jaw. I manage to block it, but it's enough force to slide me back a few feet. We go back and forth throwing blows at each other without landing a single hit. I sidestep from one of his punches, but he must have anticipated my move. He kicks me in the side sending me flying in the wall. Or so I thought that's where I would land.

The next thing I know, I'm standing in the middle of a long hallway, in front of a set of large double doors. What in the hells just happened?!?!? I'm so confused, I'm frantically trying to figure out how the heck I got here. I hear Leorio's voice on the other side of the door. "Where'd she go?" Suddenly, I'm back in the room where the match is being held. Again... what the heck just happened?!?!? Hisoka is standing right in front of me but he seems surprised as well... and caught off guard. Even in my state of shock, as a reflex, I'm able to sucker punch him.

Some of the people on the sideline are stunned. "How'd you do that?" Leorio calls to me. "The disappearing act?"

"What? I did that?" I question in disbelief, pointing to myself. "I thought it was Hisoka." I glare at the joker. "What did you do to me?!"

His face and his whole demeanor have changed. "You're... unaware... this could change things... yes..." His voice builds with desire and temptation sets upon his face. I take advantage of the situation, hitting him in the gut. Rather than hurt him, this only seems to get him off more. "If you're not careful... I might just kill you here. It's so tempting to pick the fruit before they've ripened." Ugh... I hate when he goes all pedoclown.

While he's still obsessing over whatever it is he rants about, I attempt to kick him in the stomach. He grabs ahold of my foot and holds me upside down. As I'm dangling, he whispers something to me in my ear and throws me across the room. I smash into the wall hard enough to make it crumble around me. "I surrender," Hisoka says while trying to suppress his impulses.