{3} Hisoka X is X Sneaky

The 369 applicants who made it through the long underground tunnel find themselves in an unexplored land teaming with strange creatures, known as the Numere Wetlands.

I'm keeping pace with Gon and Killua while Kurapika and Leorio are running somewhere behind us.

Killua tenses as he notices a change in the atmosphere. "Gon, we should move up," He suggests.

Gon agrees. "Yeah, we don't want to lose sight of the examiner."

"I'm more concerned with increasing the distance between us and Hisoka. Staying too close to him is dangerous. I can smell it in the air."

"Smell?" Gon sniffs the air. "Hmm... I don't think he smells." He calls out, "Leorio! Kurapika! Killua says that we should move up!" I don't know about the smell but I certainly have a bad feeling. The air seems thick and eerie. The fog only helps to mask the killers true intentions.

"Hey can't you feel the tension surrounding us?" Killua asks him.

"Moron!" Leorio yells back. "If I had the strength I'd already be there!"

"Don't worry about us!" Kurapika assures him.

"What?" Gon calls back still concerned.

"Let's go, both of you," Killua says jogging ahead.

"Ah, wait," Gon and I say together running after him.

><><><><><><><><><><><><

"I can hear people screaming all around us," Gon says a little worried, more about them than himself.

"Just stay on your guard," Killua tells the two of us.

Gon contemplates aloud, "I wonder if Leorio and Kurapika are okay..."

Despite the nagging feeling I have, I try to reassure him, "I'm sure they'll be fine..." I trail off not believing my own words.

The ground quakes beneath our feet. Unsure of the cause, the three of us stop moving to try to assess the situation.

"Wha—" I can't even finish my sentence when the ground caves in and we're all swallowed by what I'm pretty sure is a giant frog.

"Wow it's dark in here," I exclaim, stating the obvious.

"Don't tell me you're afraid of the dark," Killua asks as I hear the sound of a soda can being opened.

I glare through the darkness. "No, not at all," I reply.

"Hey what are you do—" Gon starts to say. The next thing I know the frog is spitting us out and I'm lying on the ground, drenched in frog goo.

"Well that was fun," I say sarcastically.

"Guess he didn't like the taste of us," Gon says scratching the back of his head.

"It was this," Killua says holding up one of the drinks Tonpa gave him earlier.

"That's from Tonpa-san," Gon points out. "Guess he saved us."

Killua throws the can on the ground "Well I could have escaped without it."

I look back towards the direction we came from, still concerned about the other two guys. The wind silently blows my hair back as Gon speaks my suspicions aloud, "I'm still worried about Leorio and Kurapika."

"I am too..." I agree.

"Forget about them," Killua stands up. "Let's get a move on. We can still catch up to the examiner."