Ch 1 Section 8

Back at the manor...

That night, Cole was looking at Cortez from the attic window. He was leaning against his car that he had parked right outside the Manor. Cole threw a look over his shoulder at the girls and Leo who were all standing around the Book of Shadows.

"Are you sure you don't want me to turn Belthazor loose on Cortez? Just for a minute or two?"

"No." Leo dismissed, "He doesn't have anything on the girls yet. Besides, now is no time to be blurring the lines between good and evil."

Cole rolled his eyes dramatically as Phoebe slammed the book closed, "This is useless."

She cleared her throat and winked at them weirdly before looking up at the ceiling. Piper and Pacey eyed each other before watching her curiously.

"We're never gonna find Paige without a little help." The book opened on its own and flipped through the pages before stopping on one page, and Phoebe grinned in satisfaction, "Works every time."

"Okay." Pacey came around, "But how is an enchantment spell gonna help find her?"

"Well, maybe it's not to find Paige. Maybe it's so we can ID the source. See the last line?" Piper pointed, "It's, 'So she can reveal the evil within.'"

"But that'll only help if we can find him?"

"Maybe we can, or at least..." Leo looked at Cole, "Maybe you can."

Phoebe frowned at Cole, "What does he mean?"

"Demons can sense the Source's aura." Cole walked over as he cleared his throat, "It's how he reminds us of his power, his reach. Maybe if I focus on it..."

"Then he'll know you're doing it. And he'll find you."

"Not if I was careful. It's your only chance at saving your sister."

"Well, if it's an aura you sense can't I just try and focus on it? I can probably figure out a way to tap into it somehow." Pacey asked, "I've got the whole connection to auras thing going on."

Cole shook his head, "Only works if you're a demon."

"Okay." Piper clapped as she moved on to the next problem, "So we need something to enchant."

Pacey motioned, "Start looking people."

Everyone shuffled around as they looked for an object to enchant. Phoebe stopped and grinned when she found something.

"Oh!" She happily bounded over to a shelf and picked up a pair of pink floral kiddy sunglasses, "How about these?"

"Oh, Phoebe." Pacey grimaced, "Really?"

"What?" She grinned, "They're perfect."

Piper rolled her eyes, "Oh great."

The three of them each held a part of the sunglasses as they chanted, "'Magic forces far and wide, Enchant these so those can't hide, Allow this witch to use therein, So she can reveal the evil within.'"

The glasses glowed before Pacey handed them over to her little sister, "See if it worked, Fashionista."

Phoebe put the glasses on and looked at Leo, "Well?"

"Nothing. You look the same."

"How 'bout me?" Phoebe turned to look at Cole and let out a scream as she jumped in surprise, "What?" Through the glasses, she saw Cole as Balthazar as he walked toward the girls, "What do I look like?"