Chapter One: Charmed Again

DISCLAIMER: I only own my character! Anything you might recognize is courtesy of Constance M. Burge, Spelling Television, Brad Kern and/or The WB. Any Gifs and/or pics present are not mine either. They were pulled from google searches and/or Tumblr.

PLEASE READ THIS A/N: ALRIGHT, SO SINCE I'M HAVING A BIT OF WRITER'S BLOCK WITH THIS ONE AND BECAUSE I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH HOW I WROTE SOME THINGS I WILL BE EDITING THIS STORY JUST LIKE I DID MY SUPERNATURAL SERIES. I'LL BE EDITING ALREADY WRITTEN CHAPTERS AS WELL AS POSSIBLY ADDING SOME NEW EPISODES IN BETWEEN AND AND FIXING CERTAIN THINGS. DATES STARTED AND COMPLETED FOR THIS EDIT WILL BE BELOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING, COMMENTING AND LEAVING LOVE! :)

Edit Started: 07/07/2021

Edit Completed: DATE

Episode Summary:

Phoebe, Piper and Pacey grieve over their older sister Prue's death and struggle with the demise of the Power of Four until they discover the existence of half-sister Paige, a Whitelighter. A 48-hour window endangers the Charmed Ones as Paige is pushed to choose which side she'll serve, a flaw in the Grand Design which The Source employs to entice Paige to the side of evil.

 A 48-hour window endangers the Charmed Ones as Paige is pushed to choose which side she'll serve, a flaw in the Grand Design which The Source employs to entice Paige to the side of evil

In the Halliwell manor...

After making a cup of Chamomile tea because she couldn't sleep, Pacey made her way back upstairs to her room. Ever since the battle with Shax, ever since Prues' passing, she hasn't been able to catch more than two or three hours at a time. The aching loss of her older sister was fresh and throbbing ever since her demise. The events that happened that day were drilled excruciatingly into her head. She couldn't seem to escape any of it.

Passing by Piper's room she noticed her twin sister wasn't in bed or inside at all.The bed was completely untouched. Frowning, she peaked into Phoebe's room and noted she was sadly flipping through old photo albums.

"Pheebs?"

Her eyes lifted as she closed the book quickly, "Yeah sweetie?"

Pacey sighed as she put her cup of tea on Phoebe's dresser, "Pipers not in her room."

The two of them shared a brief pointed look with one another before they made their way to the attic. Piper had been spending 90% of her time in the attic since Prue passed. She was trying anything and everything to bring her back, but nothing was working. No matter how many times any of them tried. Sure enough, when they opened the door she was sitting in front of a bowl with candles and herbs surrounding her.

Phoebe frowned, "Piper?"

Her head lifted hopefully, "Prue?"

She looked at the candle in disappointment when Phoebe and Pacey walked in instead. Phoebe sighed sadly. Both hers and Pacey's faces were tear stained like Pipers and their hearts broke even more at seeing Piper just as broken.

"Sweetie, it's 4 o'clock in the morning. What are you doing?"

Piper didn't answer. She just blankly stared at the Book of Shadows.

"Pipes..." Pacey sighed when she noticed her hand bleeding from the spell and grabbed a cloth to wrap the wound, "You're bleeding."

"I don't understand why magic can't fix this." She whimpered, "And why we can't bring Prue back. It's not like we haven't cheated death before. I don't understand why this time isn't any different."

"Because..." Phoebe steeled herself as she started closing the bottles of ingredients around her, "Leo can't heal the dead, Piper. You know that."

"There's other magic. Magic that we've used before." Piper flipped through the book as she fought back the tears, "Scrying, calling a lost witch, reversing time." Slamming the book shut she stood, "It's like the book just deserted us and deserted Prue, and I don't understand why."

"We lost our sister. How can we ever understand that?" Phoebe sniffled, looking at her and Pacey in pain as well, "We've tried every magical way to bring her back... but we can't. She's gone." All of their eyes welled up again as they faced the harsh reality of losing Prue, "I just-" She leaned in and gave them both a big hug before separating, "I thank God that I didn't lose the both of you too."

Pacey took a breath and looked down. She didn't like showing this much emotion even to her sisters but it was hard to act strong right now. Prue was more than just a big sister. She took over the mothering role after their mother died. She never once thought or prepared herself for the moment she might have to say goodbye.

"Okay..." Pacey took a steadying breath as she separated from them, "Well, let's just try to get some type of rest. Prue will never forgive us if we look bad at her funeral."

Piper and Phoebe couldn't help but smile at that through the tears. The three of them then shuffled out of the attic, hand in hand, and shut the door behind them. After a beat, a mysterious wind blew through the room. The symbol on the cover of the Book of Shadows, the triquetra, began to glow. The mysterious wind re-opened the book and magically turned the pages to the last spell Piper tried to cast, 'To Call a Lost Witch...'.

The next day, at South Bay Social Services...

A young brunette woman, Paige Matthews, was seated at her desk. She popped a CD into her computer before turning her attention to the screen.

She briefly looked up from her screen to notify her co-workers, "Printing!"

A mysterious wind softly blew through the office just then and blew out the lit candle on her desk. Giving the candle a weird look she stood up and started making her way over to the printer. Mysteriously the obituary page from a newspaper landed on the floor next to her and caught her attention. Curiously she looked around before picking it up. The first obit that caught her eye was Prue Halliwells. The obituary read: 'PRUE HALLIWELL... Funeral Services will be held today at Memorial Cemetery, 11:00AM.'

"Paige, you find that study yet?" Paige's boss, Mr. Cowan, emerged from his office and saw her reading the article, "Paige, did you hear me?"

"Yeah." Paige continued to keep her eye on Prue's obituary as she grabbed her jacket, "It's in the printer." She quickly turned and headed for the door, "I'm sorry, I have to go."

"What do you mean go? Go where?" He scoffed when she didn't turn around or answer him, "Paige! Hey, Paige!"