five (5)

i can't believe this. i can't fucking believe this! i knew there was a reason i didn't like him. i knew even if i didn't know..

no.

no.

no.

what the hell am i supposed to do? i wonder if sara knows? i have to tell her before i do anything. god, why did i have to find this out after he made us residents? after he helped sara get her dream. that ass.

i walked to sara's floor with so much anger i almost fell a couple times. betrayal was building up inside me. i felt that anything that ticked me off would make me lose my head. i walked to the last room of the girl's floor. all of the girls (and everyone in the world, for that matter) know that i'm gay, so no one said anything when i came onto the floor. i found her room and turned the knob.

oh hell no.

OH HELL NO.

as soon as the door was open, it was closed again. he was fucking on top of her. august was on top of my sister. you're kidding, right? this is a joke. or i'm dreaming or something. whatever is happening, it's not actually happening. i snapped out of my short trance.

it was actually happening.

i needed to go somewhere. i needed to leave. i couldn't be here right now. i pounded down the hallway. then i heard a voice calling me.

"simon?" she said, "simon, are you okay?"

it was felice. i walked past her as fast as i could.

but then the worst thing possible happened. the bell rang. i had class in five minutes.

an hour and a half next to sara after that. i would rather die. but it's our first day of classes, so i have to go if i still want to go to school here. and of course it's not entirely her fault. it wouldn't completely be her fault even if she knew. august is too good at manipulating people. sure, i would want to blame it all on her, but it's not fair for me to do that.

i walked down the stairs for the second time today, this time with much more purpose. i was visibly fuming, and quite frankly, i hope someone noticed. this is ridiculous. how does he think he has the right to destroy my life, and then do that to my big sister? i have to tell her, because if i don't, what if they become attached to each other? what happens when she brings him home for the weekend and i have to sit at the dinner table trying to stay calm? what happens when they marry and she becomes part of the royal family? i know my head was spinning too far, but it felt impossible to stop.

i grunted in annoyance as i realized that i reached the classroom. i walked into too much noise, because i definitely was not the first person there. but i wasn't the last, so i think that's good. i pulled out the chair and sat down, cradling my head in my hands. i heard people talking and gossiping, a new rumor about someone was flying around constantly, and any day now there would be one about me. lovely.

sara was the next person to walk into the room, and when i saw her i dug the corners of my palms into my face, trying to keep whatever calmness i had left in me. she walked over to the table and pulled out the chair. i heard her swing her bag over the back and sit down. she let out a soft "ahem" to let me know she was there. i turned to her.

"hey," i said with absolutely no energy.

"hey?" she asked, furrowing her brow, "are you okay?"

i puffed out my cheeks and sighed, resting my elbow on the table and placing my head in the palm of my hand. i didn't really know how to answer this.

"um," i started, "yeah, but i need to talk to you later,"

she stared back at me with a look of confusion in her eyes. she scooted her chair closer to me and leaned in.