thirty (30)

*simon's point of view*

two weeks later

"open your eyes! it's a big day today!" wilhelm said, hovering over me.

august has been home for a week already. he had a good therapist and a psychiatrist and now wilhelm and i peacefully went back to hating him, just not wishing he was dead.

and right now, i had no idea what he was talking about and why he woke me up at the ass crack of dawn.

i groaned and threw the blanket over my head. he immediately ripped it off. he got all up in my face.

"stop being a brat and get out of bed right now."

i rubbed my eyes and i was finally able to take in what he was wearing. he had on a collared shirt with trousers that were a deep, deep purple. right now he was trying to put on a matching tie.

what is happening?

"why are you wearing that?" i asked, shooting up, "what did i miss?"

he rolled his eyes at me and sighed.

"i've been telling you multiple times a day, every day for the last week, 'hey, we have that lunch thing at the palace on saturday'. today is saturday! today's the day!"

i brought my hand to my mouth and my eyes went wide. i threw the blanket off and shamefully walked to my room to get the suit he bought me.

flashback to one week ago

it was 10 a.m. and we were still in bed. i loved when that happened, we were both awake, and we weren't talking much, just taking in each other's presence. he had his arm behind my head and he was twirling my hair around his finger.

"what's the plan for today?" i asked eventually.

he turned so his face was towards mine.

"i dunno," he said, and his hand slipped a bit so he was tracing the back of my neck now.

"you don't have any spontaneous dates or adventures planned?"

he shook his head.

"that's surprising," i said, but i didn't sound right, "i mean, i'm not upset or anything, but i was anticipating a surprise."

he smiled. his hand slipped some more and he was now gently stroking my neck with his knuckle.

it gave me a weird feeling, but i was going to suppress it. he probably didn't know what he was doing. i shifted a little bit.

he moved closer to me and cuddled into my chest. he was using two fingers on my neck now.

i closed my eyes. i needed to think about something- anything- else right now.

i felt him move even closer to me. his breath was on my neck.

scratch what i said before. he definitely knew. he brought his lips to my neck and i opened my eyes.

"seriously?"

he stopped.

"what?" he said, much more innocently than the situation.

i glared at him.

"i thought you were completely oblivious to what you were doing!"

he laughed.

"you know very well that i know where your spots are," he smirked.

i blushed.

"would you shut up?" i teased.