nineteen (19)

*wilhem's point of view*

five days later

"nooo," simon whined, "do you have to go? they just got pictures yesterday."

and the day before that. and before that. once a week turned to once a day.

"i know, i know. i wish i could stay here. all the rumors flying around now should be enough, but not according to my mom."

articles.

crown prince wilhelm spotted with potential new lover

crown prince wilhelm seen embracing rumored girlfriend: who is she?

crown prince wilhelm shares steamy moment with new beau

they made my head spin. i wanted to call out their lies. i wanted to scream out that i was in love with a boy and he was in love with me and we were almost happy- but now it felt like we could crumble again at any moment. the fact that i could hurt him, or maybe i already was hurting him, made me feel worthless. this is exactly what he didn't want. he didn't want to be hidden from the public. but now he wasn't just being hidden; he was being buried.

he says he doesn't mind. he says it's "no big deal" and he understands that i have no other choice. but i do, don't i? if i act out or speak out, i'll be the only one penalized. at this point, it feels like i have nothing to lose, other than simon, of course, but i've already lost everything else.

"mom said that she saw three different articles at the grocery store today," he said sadly.

i sighed.

"i hate this. i hope you know that."

"i do."

i sat up from his lap. there was a tear trailing down his cheek.

"hey, hey, hey don't cry," i cooed, bringing him into a tight hug, "it's okay. we're gonna be okay."

he took a deep breath trying to soothe the lump in his throat.

"but what if we're not? what if this has to happen forever? wille, i can't do this forever!" he yelled.

i held him tighter, scared that if i let go i would be letting him go too.

"i can guarantee that this will not last forever. as soon as i'm king, if this publicity thing even lasts that long, i'm cutting the bullshit. it can be me and you, okay?"

out of the five months i've known him, i've never seen him this emotional. he let a few tears slip sometimes, but nothing like this. this was serious. and i caused it.

he nodded.

"but what if you leave me for her, or some other girl?"

i broke away from the hug.

"simon, look at me."

he did.

"i love you way too goddamn much to do that to you."

he nodded.

"i love you, and that's real."

he smiled a little at that. it was all i wanted. he checked his phone.

"you have to go," he started, wiping a tear from his eye, "you were supposed to be there five minutes ago."

"i know," i said, scooting myself to the edge of the bed.

i stood up. he stayed sitting and looked up at me. i leaned down and kissed him.

"i love you," i said when it broke.

he pulled me face back down and kissed me again.

"i love you," he mimicked.

and then i was out the door.

-----------------------

it was 8:30 p.m. now. the stunt was at 5:00, and it lasted until 7 for them to get enough pictures. this was by far the most uncomfortable yet. we had to kiss, which we had done in one before, but i also had to touch her. she was no more comfortable than me.

my phone was blowing up, as was felice's. they were way too hard on her. girls from all over the world were ridiculing her.

why did the crown prince choose her? she's not even pretty.

OMG! those pictures are so hot! how did that bitch get him?

he needs to find someone better (me)

if she wasn't regretting taking this on before, she certainly was now. it made me sick to my stomach. i was taking her down with me. i needed to do something. i couldn't hurt her like this.

felice, simon, and i were sitting in my room. simon has been finding it hard to look at her for the last few days. we were all being torn apart.

he wedged himself into the corner of my wall on the bed. i was on his left resting my head on his shoulder. felice was stretched out in the middle of the bed. there was silence. it wasn't comfortable, nor uncofortable, just silent. nobody knew what the right thing to say was.

i felt like i needed to do something. i needed to fix this mess that i created. i had the power too. but there was a lot of guessing. if i did do something to fix it, would they be punished for it?  would they take the fall with me? would i just be making things worse? i wanted to scream. i was starting to sweat. i needed to cool off.

"i'm gonna take a shower," i blurted out.

"okay," felice said.

"i'll be here when you're done," i heard from next to me.

all of our voices were emotionless.

i stood up and stepped over felice, and then jumped off my bed. i was lucky enough to have a shower in my room. i locked the door behind me and walked over to the shower fixture and set the water to the coldest setting.

------------------------

when i stepped out of my bathroom, felice was gone. i was assuming she had been gone for a while, because simon was sprawled out over the bed and wrapped up in one of the blankets. he shot me a weak smile when he saw the i was out. i walked over to my closet. i only picked out a pair of boxers to sleep in. after i was dressed i stumbled over to the bed. i climbed over his legs and adjusted myself into the spot next to him. i wrapped my arms around his torso. he held them there.

"what do you want to do tomorrow?" he asked.

i already started making some plans in my head. today in the PR director said that we wouldn't have a stunt, so i had nothing to do all day.

"i was thinking maybe we could go out for a date...?"

he turned around in my arms and looked at me with a surprised smile.

"a date?" he smirked.

i smiled back.

"only if you're up to it."

he giggled.

"well i'm obviously up to it," he said, "what kind of date?"

"what kind of date do you want it to be?"

"there's quite a few things that i want to do," he hinted.

i raised my eyebrow.

"oh, really?"

he lifted himself over me and brought his lips painfully close to mine.

"really."

be excited for the next chapterrrrr

i love you all!! <3