seventeen (17)

*simon's point of view*

"that piece of shit!" he yelled.

"i know!"

"i'm not saying i'm not proud of you for, you know, not attacking him, but how are you not? how can you handle not doing anything about it?" he asked.

he knew how bad i wanted to hurt him.

"he's not here."

a sudden realization hit him and it was written all over his face. he covered his wide-open mouth with his hand.

"oh, fuck."

"what? what?" i asked eagerly.

he ran his hands through his hair and puffed his cheeks out.

"he took pictures of us last night. that's how my mom knew. he's with her right now,"

my mouth grew into the same surprised expression his did.

"that piece of shit," i almost whispered, mimicking him.

"i know!"

anger was boiling inside me.

"god, how is he just so- ah," i said, and he knew exactly what i meant.

"oh, i know. you can definitely tell his blood is royal," he replied.

i laughed a little bit. and then he laughed. and before we knew it we were giggling.

and then we stopped. he got a text. "

," he read

," he read. when he looked back at my his face told me he was utterly disgusted. he sighed.

"i wish you could come with me," he whined.

i would never say it out loud, but i was so glad i couldn't go with him. i would have to be in the same room as the queen and august. those are like my two least favorite people. i would definitely end up in prison or something by the end of it.

"i know. i do too," i lied.

he scooched closer to me and hugged me like he never wanted to let go. and that wouldn't be necessarily a bad thing.

"you don't know how much i hate this," he said.

but i fully believed that i did know how much. because i hated it too. even if it was just felice. he would have to hide me again, and this time, he didn't have the choice. it was a realization that just recently hit me, but this wasn't his fault. it would feel wrong to let him go for that, especially after we've just barely started again. something inside me was telling me that staying with him was a bad idea, but i love him too much for that. i love him.

"i love you."

he pulled away from the hug and looked me in the eyes.

"i know," he grinned.

what? he knows? how does he know?

"what?"

"you told me last night."

I DID WHAT?

"what? why did you not mention that before?!" i yelled.

"well i didn't want to embarrass you, and i didn't even know if you actually meant it and-"

"of course i meant it! i don't drink, you know that! obviously, on the rare occasion that i do drink, like last night, i would mean everything i said!" i explained.

he laughed a little.

"it's not funny!"

his laughing settled down.

"i know, i know," he assured me.

he started laughing again.

"it's a little bit funny," he giggled.

i pushed him in the shoulder. then he pushed me back. before i knew it he was in my lap kissing me hard. there was a sort of desperation in it, something i hadn't felt in weeks. but he had to leave. he was supposed to be gone by now. i broke the kiss. he frowned at me.

"i know, i'm sorry," i apologized, "but you have to leave."

he frowned harder and laid back down.

"this sucks."

"i know."

he sat up.

"you know, i don't have to go," he said, but it sounded more like he was trying to convince himself than me.

i looked at him like he was full of shit.

"fine, fine," he complied, "i'm going."

he stood up. i did the same. i was standing right in front of him. he picked up my chin and kissed me again. i started to pull away and he shook his head. maybe he thought if he could distract me i wouldn't make him go. i pushed his shoulders back. he frowned at me again.

"i'm not gonna be able to get myself out of this, am i?" he sighed.

i shook my head. he sighed again. he looked at me and there was still traces of lust in his eyes.

"say it again before i go," he pleaded.

i took a deep breath.

"i love you."

he kissed me again, but this time it was short and sweet.

"i love you too," he said as he walked over to the door.

and then he was gone. 

and another one down!!! this one's a little bit short but HE FINALLY SAID IT BACK!! AND HE REMEMBERS. thank you thank you thank you for reading!! please click some buttons, and remember that i love you!!